Reply To: Ads envisioned for Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Ads envisioned for Aptera Reply To: Ads envisioned for Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Ads envisioned for Aptera Reply To: Ads envisioned for Aptera

• George Hughes

August 22, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Philip: Exactly … and as I run it through my mind, the Aptera – assuming no catastrophic door or latch failure – it may well earn a 10 if ‘car-diving’ were to become an Olympic sport. I can see it, because of weight distribution, the center of gravity, low Cd and composite monocoque floating shell. It would bob to the top after potentially going rather deep (slick aerodynamics means slick fluid dynamics).

The amount of time underwater would be dramatic, for sure. You may have to reinforce the back panel and the windshield, as entry into the water may be deep and the time underwater extended.

I think this stunt might be a doable in a movie. I mean seriously, what a get-a-way! especially if the get-a-way car drives out of the river.

It will take a professional stunt operation to do the stunt and I wouldn’t recommend it as an advertisement.

John: Just having some fun brainstorming; come join the fun.