Reply To: Battery pack selection ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Battery pack selection ? Reply To: Battery pack selection ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Battery pack selection ? Reply To: Battery pack selection ?

• Joshua Rosen

August 22, 2021 at 8:37 am

For someone who only does one road trip a year 400 miles will be plenty. 400 EPA miles will translate into about 300 miles of real world driving. For trips around your metropolitan area and even for trips to nearby cities you’ll be able to do them with no charging. As an example we went to Portland Maine from Massachusetts for dinner yesterday. I have a Model 3, I charged it to 90% before leaving and we did the 233 mile trip without charging, I got home with 13% in the battery. When new my Model 3 had 310 miles of range, as far as I can tell it’s 293 now, so a 400 mile car would have zero problem with a trip like that. For your 375 trip you’ll have to charge. If I were you I’d look at a map of the chargers along your route. Aptera hasn’t given a final determination of which standard they will use, they’ve teased a Tesla plug and that would be fantastic if that’s the way they go but I’d give it a 90% chance that they will use CCS. So look at the CCS chargers along your route, you’ll only need one but it should be a reliable so Electrify America is preferred because they have multiple chargers at each location, only half as many as Tesla but still more than one which is the case for most CCS locations at the moment. If there are CCS chargers along your route then the 400 mile version will be fine. If not order the 600 mile version, it will do that trip without the need for fast charging.