Reply To: Cold weather; doors and weather stripping

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Cold weather; doors and weather stripping Reply To: Cold weather; doors and weather stripping

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Cold weather; doors and weather stripping Reply To: Cold weather; doors and weather stripping

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 20, 2021 at 8:25 pm

how about the sliding mechanism is on the inside rather than outside, part of mechanism can also act as armrest, i saw video showing quite a lot of space between occupant and inside wall of door for the sliding rail system.

instead of solid hinge or minivan sliding rail i prefer simply rope strap so user doesnt have to carry/drop the door off car, and a mechanical lock to keep door tightly attached to car considering thermal insulation as usual. in older forum (which i hear has been archived at aptera) i made up a purely mechanical system rather than electronic with this door idea(its been long and i dont have it with me now but aptera hopefully will see it eventually in archives). mechanical system is better than electronic b/c if electronics are fried in a crash, mechanical system will allow opening door without needing to break glass (there was consideration to use polycarbonate or some aircraft style plastic with a similar name rather than normal glass, which would be very difficult to break through vs normal glass)