Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

• Scott Price

August 20, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Peter, yes it may need to come to that for those owners who value good exterior field of view. However, I personally would not want to go through all of the huge time, effort, and cost of custom developing a new retrofit window for a production vehicle. Lots of considerations regarding post-production removal of the current large frame, new window seals with different alignment, removing unnecessary parts, etc. I would strongly prefer that it be an option for direct order from the factory at Aptera (that I am willing to pay extra for, even though in reality it should cost them less to produce than the much more complex current system with double window sections, support frame, more seals, electric motors, retraction/alignment components, and operation controls). 1.5″ at only 1 foot laterally away from your eyes is definitely a field of view blocker, and I anticipate it will at minimum be annoying or distracting. Many are not concerned since they are more into the numerical tech specs than the overall driving experience and/or just want it produced as is sooner rather than better a little later, which is completely cool for their priorities. Personally, if I could change just one thing about the otherwise terrific Aptera, it would be this.