Reply To: aptera as a platform for future drivetrain

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions aptera as a platform for future drivetrain Reply To: aptera as a platform for future drivetrain

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions aptera as a platform for future drivetrain Reply To: aptera as a platform for future drivetrain

• George Hughes

August 20, 2021 at 1:23 am

One of the messages that Aptera could be sending with their revolutionary approach to market is that the suppliers will soon have direct access to Aptera buyers.

We all deep down have the belief that Aptera has in its current form, an iconic design that is so desirable, that over the next decade, it could literally redefine personal transportation. It does this by equating utility with efficiency and efficiency with fun.

I predict well over a million Aptera on the roads by the 2030. Efficient cars sell. The Smart Fortwo sold 1.5 million TWO-SEAT vehicles world-wide between 1998-2013. And for a fun-take, Mazda sold it’s millionth two-seat Miata in 2016. There is a hunger for a two seat car that makes sense as personal transportation

I mean will a competing in-wheel manufacturer come out with a higher output motor in “Aptera” configuration that will push the light Aptera 0-60 in 1.8 seconds? If that is a $4,000 upgrade (with trade-in) you’re going to have a nice market if there are millions of us out there. Ditto the guy with the hydrogen bricks or disks that make it possible to store hydrogen as a solid and release the gas for use by modulation of lasers. the idea of course is to use a fuel cell fed with hydrogen. That becomes a particularly good option for V2H connection in remote areas as the fuel cell can presumably run and generate electricity as long as you feed it hydrogen. Hence with a fuel cell the Aptera becomes a fuel-cell power generator.

But what is most amazing to me is I think cowboys are going to love it because it is kind of like a horse. You ride it, leave it in the pasture and when you come back, its’ fed and ready to go. If that cowboy’s name was Roy, he might even call his Aptera ‘trigger.’

We all imagine, the Aptera is a 50+year car – no rust and upgradable – and we have to know that people will personalize their Aptera by naming it.