Reply To: MC4 Solar Port as charging option – Video Idea

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions MC4 Solar Port as charging option – Video Idea Reply To: MC4 Solar Port as charging option – Video Idea

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions MC4 Solar Port as charging option – Video Idea Reply To: MC4 Solar Port as charging option – Video Idea

• Fanfare 100

August 19, 2021 at 6:56 pm

I love your idea & video!! Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful solar extension solution. This collaborative inclusionary community forum encourages the free-flow of constructive ideas such as these.

Would your good idea also work with flex/foldable solar panels? (please see pictures) Reason I ask is that those, though slightly less efficient, are more portable and if, say, I were to decide to take a trek across the Yukon or Northwest Territories where you might not see a soul for hundreds of miles, I could deploy many more flex panels to serve as complement to the Aptera’s and I believe that as such I might be able to accommodate considerably more wattage than from rigid ones when making such a Trek.

Whether this idea is incorporated for this build (schedule and Level-of-Effort-Permitting or for next year’s build will be for the great team at Aptera to decide, though they appear to always be open to great suggestions such as yours and it would seem to me that an option such as this would be easy enough to implement.

Keep the awesome ideas flowing Raj! Teamwork, though some authoritarian spirits may dislike it, can even serve as a catalyst to the accelerations of engineering solutions. Because some of the best ideas come from outside of a closed engineering bubble. Aptera is by no means such a bubble and it is precisely why they took the initiative to create such an open forum open to all constructive contributors whether they have degrees or no degrees or directors for space agencies or street sweepers. That’s what I like about this place. Just as the Aptera performs a daily Surya Namascar, I feel the general consensus is that we all have a voice under the sun here, and I appreciate that.

I will propagate your wonderfully insightful well-deserving inspirational video to the 4 winds that blow. Perhaps it will inspire and motivate others to also think out of the box. Again, thank you Raj!