Reply To: What is your Aptera replacing?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is your Aptera replacing? Reply To: What is your Aptera replacing?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is your Aptera replacing? Reply To: What is your Aptera replacing?

• George Hughes

August 18, 2021 at 5:43 pm

There are a lot of gig-work scenarios where the Aptera would work and boost your earnings.

While I’m retired, I do a gig with a real-estate photo company that pays a piddling amount for a set of ‘today’ pictures. That piddling amount includes travel which as a 1099 worker means I can shelter at least $.55-mile from taxes.

I wouldn’t do the gig if I had an ICE vehicle because at least half-that ($.25*40,000 = $10,000) would go to fuel, oil-changes, tires and assorted repairs. But with my SparkEV and its low maintenance (I’ve put on 40000 miles doing this job and bought six <$50 tires) and, including power and tires, this EV setup puts my out-of-pocket costs running the car comes in at pennies per mile and somewhere south of $950.00 meaning it’s efficiency has paid for the car. (I bought it for $9000 cash in early 2018 for it with 10,250 miles on the clock.)

Oh, an idea for a bumper sticker – It would work for the Aptera too – CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT.

The point is there are a ton of gig-job offers that screw their employees by outsourcing the cost of transportation to independent contractors who drive ICE vehicles (I’ve seen people in F-250s and Big SUV’s carting around pizza????) … But if you have an efficient EV like the Aptera that moves you about at a cost of a fraction of a cent (if that) it adds at least 10-cents if not 15-20 cents to your paycheck every mile you drive. And that is on top of what they think they’re paying you:)