Reply To: 40 Mile from Solar Aptera Competitor

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News 40 Mile from Solar Aptera Competitor Reply To: 40 Mile from Solar Aptera Competitor

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News 40 Mile from Solar Aptera Competitor Reply To: 40 Mile from Solar Aptera Competitor

• Joshua Rosen

August 18, 2021 at 10:37 am

A 600 mile AWD Aptera is $40K vs $175K for the Lightyear. For that you can do virtually all day trips without charging. In California you could very well get a usable amount of electricity for the car’s solar cells but it won’t be saving you much money. My electricity rates are now up to 25 cents/KWh so it will cost me 2.5 cents per mile to power it from the wall. You have off peak rates in CA, which we don’t have, that will allow you to spend even less. Solar panels on your house are also a pretty good option where you live, you not only get twice the annual sunlight as I do but you don’t have to deal with snow covering them in the winter. Solar panels on your house will last much longer than the car and they will be able to power your house as well as your car.