Reply To: Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images Reply To: Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images Reply To: Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

• George Hughes

August 17, 2021 at 12:11 pm

I think what is needed is the wrap specifications based on the actual final spec body. More specifically, they should release the Aptera as a 3-D model that you can import into a wildly available program like Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or even Google’s 3D program. Maybe choose a format that would likely be used by the sign and wrap companies.

This approach will ultimately help the brand as expanding the availability of the wraps to shops nationwide, means you can potentially source your ‘factory’ option wraps at a lower cost than you’d find at a shop in California. Maybe even bid a contract for 50 sets of a 20 popular color schemes to the thousands of shops capable of doing the work and figure your costs will be really low. Why? A particular shop will have in stock the inventory they are currently costing to do distinct schemes. One shop will do 3-schemes, another two, another five with this supplier and so on, because the lowest bids for each color scheme will be from shops able to produce them efficiently.

With some popularity, the cost of an ebay ad from one of the shops of a really cooool design, will make Aptera wraps ‘a thing’ like vape-box wraps. Oh, and that is free advertising.

I think what is needed from Aptera is their big picture attitude regarding wraps. I say this because I think the main effort at Aptera ought to be encouraging the aftermarket for wraps – i.e. making it real easy for wrap-type shops everywhere to bring their art to party.