Reply To: Share your Aptera Story

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Share your Aptera Story Reply To: Share your Aptera Story

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Share your Aptera Story Reply To: Share your Aptera Story

• Jim-Pace

August 14, 2021 at 6:35 am

I’m a retired librarian, but mostly identify as a climber, skier and kayaker. My son now owns my 2014 Prius plugin, my first foray into EVs. Even with only 14 miles of all-electric range, I could get to the hardware store or or our XC ski area with the Prius on a few pennies of electricity. And here in McCall Idaho, most of that electricity comes from renewable sources.

Our Subaru will continue to occupy the other garage bay, but I look forward to tossing the skis and other outdoor gear in the Aptera and heading out of town. A week at the City of Rocks (300 miles away) would recharge the battery enough to get back home with our 600 mile range Aptera, without a stop. The stock Aptera has about the same ground clearance as the Subaru, so I’m torn about the need for the off road package, even in one of the snowiest towns in the US.

My wife and I also enjoy rowing, sailing, canoeing and kayaking. All our boats except the sailboat should ride happily behind the Aptera on our lightweight Rack and Roll trailer.

Finally, I plan on using Aptera’s V2H capability to provide emergency backup power to my house during our rare power outages. I could power a few essentials for about a week using the Aptera, and something like this.