Reply To: Share your Aptera Story

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Share your Aptera Story Reply To: Share your Aptera Story

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Share your Aptera Story Reply To: Share your Aptera Story

• ryan-dowd

August 12, 2021 at 11:11 am

I’m a footwear designer that sees more and more homogeny within the auto design industry in America…and I’m not a fan of small SUVs. I had been looking at/contemplating an electric vehicle for a long time, but the lack of range was the biggest deterrent as I have clients that are around 300 miles away from home, and when I rent electric vehicles, even those with a longer range, my range anxiety was real. It got even worse earlier this summer when I rented an ID4 and decided that AC was essential (on a 90 degree, humid day).

I still am thinking seriously about buying a cyber truck, as I want to encourage auto manufacturers to not fall into the predictable design paths for the American markets…but when I compare these two vehicles, the Aptera seems a lot more logical due to its efficiency…but it will absolutely be a head-turner and will make a statement that I really don’t want to fall into the masses of SUVs and mini vans that surround me in the Midwest.