Window wipers?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Window wipers?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Window wipers?

• Window wipers?

Paul Evans updated 3 weeks ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • Spenser Pousette

November 16, 2021 at 9:18 am

Haven’t seen any designs with them, even though I assume they will be added seamlessly. Thoughts? Heard anything?

• Paul Kirchner

November 16, 2021 at 10:46 am

Not that it will replace wipers, but I am a firm believer in Rain-X. Doesn’t work that well at low speeds but at highway speeds, it’s like magic, It’s like the rain isn’t even hitting.

• kerbe2705

November 16, 2021 at 11:16 am

I agree with Paul about Rain-X and I’m also a big fan of RejeX polish: It makes bug-splatter rinse off!

• kerbe2705

November 16, 2021 at 11:15 am

Just as they do on most automobiles, the windshield wipers will rest in the vent trough below the windshield. This was discussed quite some time ago and, I believe, is included in the FAQ.

• Ray Holan

November 16, 2021 at 11:20 am

I’ll add my Rain-X vote. Been useful over the years.

• Lou Verner

November 16, 2021 at 1:15 pm

I’ve been fan for years as well…don’t think there’ll be rear hatch wiper (if don’t go with solar), so that may be another application location.

• Paul Evans

November 16, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Kerbe was spot on! The answer to the question on the Old FAQ spreadsheet, “What about windshield rain wipers?”, was “Yes, the vehicle will have windshield wipers.”

Paul K’s point is excellent. I don’t know how one can ever go wrong with Rain-X. I’m guessing the speed threshold for effectiveness will be much lower for the Aptera owing to its laminar flow. Bonus points to the Paradigm owner who documents an “A/B” test! 👏

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now