Who Needs Fantasy Football When You Can Play Fantasy Spokesperson?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Who Needs Fantasy Football When You Can Play Fantasy Spokesperson?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Who Needs Fantasy Football When You Can Play Fantasy Spokesperson?

• Who Needs Fantasy Football When You Can Play Fantasy Spokesperson?

GLENN ZAJIC updated 1 month, 1 week ago 15 Members · 39 Posts
  • Ray Holan

October 22, 2021 at 3:16 pm

I’m not much of a sports fan, but I have many friends who are as addicted to fantasy football as I am to Aptera info. This got me to thinking about celebrity endorsements of products and naturally progressed to fantasizing about who would make a good spokesperson for Aptera (besides Chris and Steve).

My pick would be Burt Rutan, the designer of the Voyager aircraft that flew around the world in the 80’s without refueling. Now that’s what I call having range! He is also a big advocate of composite construction, lightweight, and elegant engineering solutions even if the solution looks unconventional. Most of his aircraft designs are way out there. An alternate could be Jeana Yeager, who along with Dick Rutan piloted the plane.

Neil Degrasse Tyson, the astrophysicist would be another candidate especially appropriate because the Aptera models are named for planets.

I’m sure Aptera marketing is not taking the celebrity spokesperson route. Just a bit of fun amidst all our fretting over the facts;)

Who’s your pick?

• Pistonboy Delux

October 22, 2021 at 4:17 pm

See how orders progress once production starts. There may not be a need for a spokesperson.

In fact, a spokesperson may create too many orders.

Once this is on the road, the news media will be all over it. Every reporter who sees one will want to interview the driver and review the vehicle.

I hope they don’t pay for advertising, just yet.

• Ray Holan

October 22, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Wasn’t meaning to suggest Aptera should shell out big bucks for a spokesperson. Just throwing the notion out there was the fun factor.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

October 23, 2021 at 6:00 pm

also, if quality of aptera is not ideal yet b/c its version 1, maybe wait until its reaches the standard for this gen of car

• Oz Man

October 22, 2021 at 4:58 pm

Ray, “because the Aptera models are named for planets” ? I must have missed the memo, when did Noir become a planet? (Or Sol, or Luna for that matter.)

• Ray Holan

October 22, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Yes, the “named after planets” was inexact. Perhaps “inspired by planets” would have been better. Sol = Sun, Luna = Moon. Two out of the three anyhow. I was thinking Noir as night sky; that one was a stretch I’ll admit. Ha. ha.

• Lou Verner

October 22, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Ray, Ray, Ray … you’re digging yourself into a deeper hole! The sun is a star, the moon is a satellite and noir just means dark. That’s not two out of three or even one out of three. Please, please, please do not share your idea with Dr. Tyson!

• Roshiyu

October 23, 2021 at 12:01 am

You can’t get much more Noir than a black hole!.. And I mean, we are absorbing light to fuel our vehicle. ;P

As for proper terminology, would anyone disagree with Celestial Bodies?

• Ray Holan

October 23, 2021 at 4:44 am

Lou, I made the fatal mistake of forgetting what an astute audience frequents this forum! I’ll settle for “celestial bodies” as suggested by Roshiyu.

• Lou Verner

October 23, 2021 at 9:45 am

Hey Ray, No hay problema! I’ve gotten such great vibes from all the folks on this forum (feel like I know good number of you now) that I felt is was OK to engage in some good-natured jibes! Really have appreciated you many frequent contributions and have learned so much from all of you! Would really be great to have an annual Aptera Owners Club meeting sometime in the near future! Best, Lou

• Lou Verner

October 23, 2021 at 9:50 am

Meant to mean after we’re all in possession of our Apterae!

• Ray Holan

October 23, 2021 at 7:01 pm

We’re good Lou. My default is to take everyone’s Comments in a spirit of friendly exchange which includes poking fun once in a while. For sure we should have some get togethers once the vehicles are out there on the road.

• G Johns

October 22, 2021 at 6:00 pm

OZ MAN

It’s been a long while but I think Issac Asimov’s or Arthur C. Clark’s or Frank Herbert stories had those planets amongst many others.

October 22, 2021 at 8:07 pm

youtubers will do it for far cheaper if any money at all and will reach many more people. meme makers also reach a lot more people than any single celebrity maybe except for the ones whos content gets a boost from social media algorithm b/c they payed for it

• Roshiyu

October 23, 2021 at 12:03 am

All you have to do is mention Space to Markiplier, and he’d be all aboard. XD

• John Malcom

October 22, 2021 at 8:24 pm

Bursting some bubbles here. But Oz is 100% right in astronomical terms. Sol is the name of the star (Not a planet) at the center of our SOLar system. Luna means moon. A moon is a satellite of a planet not a planet. The phrase ” Luna has landed” would be disastrous as we would all be dead from a collision of the moon and the earth. Although recent research postulates that the moon actually broke off from the earth when something large hit the earth a long time ago. So maybe you could call it a broken off part of a planet if you want to stretch it. And of course Noir is another term for the color bLack not astronomical at all.

So Oz, you win the prize none of the Aptera are named after planets

• Llewellyn Evans

October 24, 2021 at 4:05 am

I have heard the Earth / Moon system described as a typical binary system, or as a Double Planet system given their relative masses. So some would say the moon is a planet ……. but noir is still black.

• Lou Verner

October 22, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Perhaps you could just stick with that very old (biblical?) term – heavenly bodies. Much more romantic and fitting for Aptera!

• John Malcom

October 22, 2021 at 8:35 pm

👍

• Ray Holan

October 23, 2021 at 4:50 am

AH, heavenly bodies, celestial bodies. Take your pick. Now that we’ve settled that one, who would be your pick for a spokesperson — assuming this is pure fantasy and not suggesting that Aptera actually hire one.

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 23, 2021 at 3:16 pm

How about Greta Thunberg. In fact if Aptera just wants to give her one I would be willing to chip in.

• kerbe2705

October 23, 2021 at 3:18 pm

I’ll pitch in for that!

October 23, 2021 at 4:08 pm

greta is seen as a silly whiny and even annoying actor for most people, id stick to people with mass appeal like youtuber car, tech reviewers and science enthusiast. even just the car in a music videos and celebrity’s social media (maybe with company name so people can search it up online), with no explanation of it at all, is more appealing as a unexpected novelty thats also fitting for that culture.

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 25, 2021 at 5:31 pm

Yeah, I was not picturing her as a spokesperson as much as somebody with the right mindset type of following. All that whining has opened a lot of ears. Can’t say I was very inspirational at 18 years old.

On a more serious level, I do like Lous ideas.

• Ray Holan

October 23, 2021 at 5:07 pm

Like this outside the box thinking. That’s one of the aspects of the Aptera design that made me sign up.

• Pistonboy Delux

October 23, 2021 at 5:45 pm

I am afraid if you gave one to Greta Thunberg she would simply sneer “How dare you ! “

• Philip Raymond

October 23, 2021 at 11:32 pm

I agree with my-discord, youtubers can do a lot of free heavy promotional lifting and Aptera can do without any advertising, just like Tesla. However, in the spirit of Ray’s post headline of finding a spokesperson, my parallel universe mind came up with one. Just for mind candy, not serious consideration (or is it?), I’ll nominate Gilbert Gottfried. Very funny and he gets your attention in a good way, with his loud obnoxious voice. Add Chris Anthony in the car with him as the voice of reason (straight man). You could also build on this, with Sarah Silverman with Chris and Chris Rock with Chris and Ken Jeong with Chris and even better than Gilbert on second thought, Wanda Sykes with Chris.

• Henry Kitt

October 24, 2021 at 1:34 am

Aptera is no joke. A Michelle Obama, Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie, Lady Gaga, Morgan Freeman, someone like that would be able to get the message of Aptera across.

• Ray Holan

October 24, 2021 at 5:46 am

Phillip, your spokesperson pairing gave me a good laugh. Inspired thinking there. Imagination at work.

The Gilbert or Wanda pairing with Chris would be perfect! Reminds me of those old “I’m a PC. I’m a Mac.” commercials with the two geeky guys on a white background arguing about whether a PC or a Macintosh was the better computer. Memorable. It brought the skepticism and/or complaints front and center. Why not meet them head on with a dash of humor?

Anything’s possible in a parallel universe. BTW, in my parallel universe, I’ve been driving my Aptera for a month.

• Lou Verner

October 25, 2021 at 9:55 am

Fun thread – How ‘bout this: Morgan Freeman, as Voice of God, announces arrival of 3 new “heavenly/celestial bodies” – cue to shot of 3 versions of Apterae on beautiful stretch of road. Then have old/young pair that appeals to broadest spectrum of buyers get out of one to “argue” why they love Aptera. As old guy I can think of many options for former (Hanks/Springsteen/Bono/Rock/Cedric the Entertainer (who plays car mechanic/owner on “The Neighborhood) but am hard-pressed to come up with best fit for the young set…maybe Phillip’s ideas fit the bill. They end up agreeing Aptera is best transportation solution to address Climate Change issue. End with Freeman giving his blessing! 😇

• Ray Holan

October 25, 2021 at 10:04 am

Lou, you wacky creative guy! You missed your calling. Madison avenue needs you! LOL

• Lou Verner

October 25, 2021 at 10:05 am

So I’ve been told!🙃

• richard garlick

October 24, 2021 at 7:51 am

I hope ELON MUSK embraces Aptera publicly. Most of what the Founders have done is about efficiency and sustainability. Aptera embraces this concept to the nth degree. even better would be collaboration with him. ( i hope it is happening ALREADY). Aptera wont need advertising. anyone with a BRAIN “gets” it. you-tubers and Sandy Munro are enough. Just make Aptera ASAP. every vehicle gets better with time.

• Henry Kitt

October 24, 2021 at 9:52 am

Elon will be forced to admit that Aptera has made a better vehicle than him if he’s asked the question in an interview. Previously he could laugh at most other auto makers achievements, but not this time.

• John Malcom

October 24, 2021 at 11:43 am

It is not Elon’s nature to embrace anything but his own. He certainly will not endorse the Aptera. Besides he is developing a potential competitor in the small, below 30K, Model 2 projected to be available in 2023

• Curtis Cibinel

October 25, 2021 at 10:27 am

Until Aptera is making 50k cars a year, and is proven safe Elon would be unlikely to acknowledge its existence. He just sold 100k cars in one sale to Hertz. VW is trying to pivot fast and has his attention. No lack of demand for EVs in general so Tesla isn’t really the competition. One thing that sucks is the Aptera falls through the rebates which gives both legacy and Tesla an advantage.

• Lou Verner

October 25, 2021 at 12:08 pm

Curtis, just checked and electric motorcycles, such as Zero, do qualify for 10% rebate…so hopefully Aptera at least qualifies for that, but I do hope Steve and Chris petition for full EV rebates!

• John Malcom

October 25, 2021 at 3:45 pm

In most states Aptera is classified as an autocycle. It is unclear what if any rebate Aptera will be eligible for. We will have to wait until a bill is passed into law and then the implementation language written by the appropriate Executive Department. Hopefully the Aptera Washington lobbying group is all over this with both the legislative and implementing department to get us the best break possible. It will take more than Chris and Steve partitioning to get Aptera included.

• John Malcom

October 25, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Beg to differ. Any auto maker selling low cost EVs in the US is a competitor, Tesla especially. If they bring the “25k” 4/5 seat Tesla Model 2 to the US in 2023 it will take potential market from Aptera for those that want more than two seats, a known brand name and a large tax incentive. The other dark horse competitor is Canoo. Both can target young families, a group who were not able to afford an EV before and either have a family or are planning a family

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now