Where’s Luna?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Where’s Luna?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Where’s Luna?

• Where’s Luna?

Paul Schultz updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago 5 Members · 10 Posts
  • Paul Schultz

October 2, 2021 at 7:16 am

Any indication when we will be seeing Luna or any beta vehicles?

• John Malcom

October 2, 2021 at 7:55 am

Paul, I believe Aptera is doing the “Marketing” stuff on Luna now. That means that the engineering and build is complete. I know we are all anxious to see the Luna and any changes in it vs. the Noir and Sol and perhaps give us a preview of what is coming.

I know Aptera is anxious for us to see it too and is working hard to make it happen. I am sure a crazy zoo there with all of the things going on with multiple Beta builds, acquiring and prepping and moving into two new production facilities.

I know how moving affects my stability and schedule of activities when I have to do it.🙁

• kerbe2705

October 2, 2021 at 8:29 am

We were told that all three alphas would be structurally identical, so don’t expect to see any changes in Luna. The only difference we saw between Noir and Sol was AWD vs. FWD – so, maybe, Luna will introduce the “enhanced audio” system?

• kerbe2705

October 2, 2021 at 8:27 am

Luna only just had its “photo shoot” in Joshua Tree – so we should be seeing the results any day now.

The “tooling” for the beta prototypes has only just recently been approved (I assume that “tooling” refers to “molds”…) so, once the tools are completed, the first beta can start to be built.

• Henry Kitt

October 2, 2021 at 8:50 am

I think seeing Enhanced Audio is almost a certainty in the Luna. I had no plans on getting that unless it changes the interior cosmetics in a really cool way. I’m thinking we might be seeing a karaoke mode like what Fisker Ocean is going for, that would benefit the camping capability a bit I suppose. Off Road Package is less likely but hopefully we’ll see that.

Anyways by Sunday all filming should definitely be complete if it isn’t already, so most likely we’ll see the unveil by this coming Friday.

• Peter Jorgensen

October 3, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Someone went by and took pictures through the windows it seems. Looks like Luna is back in the office! They must have finished filming.

• John Malcom

October 3, 2021 at 5:52 pm

Not exactly in show room shape. Will look forward to the video

• Paul Schultz

October 3, 2021 at 7:23 pm

That does not look like a vehicle that just had a photo/video shoot. It looks like they are behind in getting it buttoned up for the marketing shoot. Loose wiring, disconnected hoses (coolant lines??). back wheel apron off.

Interestingly I can see a bit of yellow behind the wheel. If they are using the M700 Elaphe motor it is shown as yellow on the elaphe website. Granted, colors certainly could change.

I would not hold my breath for a Luna marketing pic/video in the next week.

Paul

• kerbe2705

October 3, 2021 at 8:20 pm

This image is undated – so it could be weeks old.

The photo/video shoot in Joshua Tree was completed last week – we should see the results soon.

Actually, it’s the same motors – fluorescent green: Your monitor might be showing it as yellow. We know that all three alphas are structurally and mechanically identical – except that Noir has AWD.

• Paul Schultz

October 4, 2021 at 3:27 am

OK. That makes more sense. I misread the post as meaning this was taken very recently.

Paul

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now