When are they going to do a road trip

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions When are they going to do a road trip

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions When are they going to do a road trip

• When are they going to do a road trip

Dan Stevens updated 1 month ago 7 Members · 10 Posts
  • Joshua Rosen

August 24, 2021 at 6:56 am

About a year ago Lucid did a LA to SF road trip to prove that they could do it on a single charge. If Aptera is at all close to having a production vehicle they should do the same. It’s a very unusual vehicle and they are making some very bold claims about efficiency. I’d like to see them prove that it’s a viable car with a similar trip.

• BRUCE MENGLER

August 24, 2021 at 7:10 am

LA to Portland, OR is just under 1000 miles & would be a nice demonstration of Aptera’s range.
    I’ll even volunteer to drive it myself. 😉

• John Malcom

August 24, 2021 at 8:04 am

Not quite there yet on a vehicle for such a road trip. Just now building Beta prototypes. Still have Gama prototypes then Delta (Production ready)

But LA to Portland is a good idea as it goes through parts of the country friendly to EVs. Such a trip in the NE would be valuable as well as that is the other geo area with great interest in EVs

• Joshua Rosen

August 24, 2021 at 8:21 am

I’d love for them to do a country wide road trip where they drive to New England, down the East Coast to Florida and then back to San Diego. However at this juncture I’d be happy just to see a trip in California to prove that the car is real. When Lucid did their trip they were over a year from having production ready cars, Aptera should be at least as far along as Lucid was at that point.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 24, 2021 at 10:57 am

Aptera is still three steps away from having a production vehicle: They’re just beginning work on the beta range of prototypes. The gamma range (production intent) will be the units that get put to the test and the delta prototypes (production ready) will be nearly identical to the final product.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 24, 2021 at 12:48 pm

how do they prove it? do they have people from car magazines follow the trip? normally magazines do their own testing of these things

• David Marlow

August 25, 2021 at 8:53 am

Seems like such a road trip will not happen until November or December

• Joshua Rosen

August 25, 2021 at 9:55 am

In the spring or when ever they start production I’d like to see them set up test drive events around the country. I have a reservation but I won’t pull the trigger on a purchase until I’ve had a chance to drive it.

• Dan Stevens

August 25, 2021 at 10:14 am

I’m still waiting to see the doors open and close. Clearly they do, but I haven’t seen it in a video yet and I know they just spent a lot of time recently working on that mechanism.

I’ll be happy when I start seeing some of their test drives on streets rather than just parking lots. I know, the cars so far are Alpha, perhaps with some of the Betas we will start seeing more real world usage, including some road trips.

I somewhat doubt any of the preproduction cars have the larger battery in it for long road trips, but realistically, any road trip would speak volumes about the car.

At the same time, I’m sure the wonderful people at Aptera are wanting to do this as well. They are living and breathing making this happen, but don’t want to do it before the vehicle is ready to do it.

We’ll all have to have a bit of patience, they are collecting solar rays as fast as they can……..

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now