What is the 0-60 / TopEnd speeds 2wd vs awd !

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is the 0-60 / TopEnd speeds 2wd vs awd !

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is the 0-60 / TopEnd speeds 2wd vs awd !

• What is the 0-60 / TopEnd speeds 2wd vs awd !

• Daniel Crotty

October 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm

I saw that the top end speed is 110. I assume it is for the awd. Or is that an limit on both?

Lets put it all in one spot

0-60 TopEnd

2wd 5.5 ?

Awd 3.5 110

These may be old, incorrect, or imprecise values that have changed with design updates

• Leonard Nowak

October 19, 2021 at 7:13 pm

My understanding is “as stated in their FAQ spreadsheet:”

But FWD and AWD 110 mph (rpm limited)

Yes 0-60 mph

FWD 5.5 sec

AWD 3.5 sec

• Curtis Cibinel

October 20, 2021 at 9:22 am

Based on drag and motor output (50kw) they would reach equilibrium with rolling and air resistance at rather extreme speeds of 217 mph. The motors have plenty of power (50kw each) but cant switch fast enough. If they wanted to Elaphe could probably solve this but I don’t think it would be very useful beyond just another high marque spec. Technically the lower battery size vehicles could max out even higher but not by much (about 2 mph assuming the smaller battery can output at the max draw of the motors). The skin cooling could potentially also be unable to keep up with this for any sustained period.

Note: Many of these numbers are my estimates. Here is the chart if you want to make your own copy and play with the numbers. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tuu7avKH2dS_JPk7aiP2av09a1f1WE0OvvNH6fdHpiQ/edit#gid=0

• George Hughes

October 20, 2021 at 5:11 pm

If Elaphe did solve it, I suspect the Aptera could be a Cannonball run contender provided it had really good DC fast charging.

• Curtis Cibinel

October 20, 2021 at 5:44 pm

Ya while I stand by my calculations related to range and the physics it looks like extrapolating top speed by powertrain kW is not an accurate approach. Applying the same logic to a model s plaid ends up with insane numbers – almost 300mph. I think the flaw is that any EV motor will drop off in power and efficiency at higher speed.

• Daniel Crotty

October 19, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Thank you Leonard. I could not find it.

• kerbe2705

October 20, 2021 at 5:39 pm

These figures are pretty much guesstimates until the production vehicle is tested…

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now