What gizmo might you use with your Aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What gizmo might you use with your Aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What gizmo might you use with your Aptera?

• What gizmo might you use with your Aptera?

TitusVR updated 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 9 Posts
  • Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 25, 2021 at 4:26 pm

Be mindful of weight and size….For maximum enjoyment😉

I am sun sensitive so….

This might be a nice complement to Aptera’a camping kit ( tent ) .. if it it does not interfere with fastening and the hatch could support???

This packs into a carry storage bag….

• Steven G. Bueche

August 25, 2021 at 4:51 pm

I’m not sure of the height of the rear latch but if it’s too high I’d add a step ladder for climbing in to retrieve my cargo. I’m 5’7″and some things can be a challenge on my old back.

• Gabe Kemeny

August 25, 2021 at 5:42 pm

Take a look at the Sol debut video – there’s a section in that which shows a woman about your height placing a picnic basket in the rear hatch- that should give a good idea of the height and effort to place items there.

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 25, 2021 at 6:35 pm

I saw Sol in person and the seats angle forward nicely of that angle to get to some cargo items helps too???

If this pet step rendering looks anything like this (attached) in reality…it may be built only for a pet???

Beta will drop the cargo bed down slightly for more head room, the6 say….

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 25, 2021 at 6:40 pm

We don’t know the details yet on the hitch but this could be sweet, whether camping of sports tailgating etc…

• Joel Smith

August 25, 2021 at 7:03 pm

I’m not sure how well I will like having all of the traditional dashboard indicators off to the side. If I do find the arrangement troubling, I already have an option in hand. Thanks to an intermittently dysfunctional speedometer on an old car that I have, I have already got an app on my smartphone that reads out my speed and a few other bits of useful data in big, friendly numerals. I will just put a mount for my phone forward of the steering wheel, call up the app, and carry on smartly.

• John Malcom

August 25, 2021 at 9:29 pm

Perhaps a small HUD. I have one I use for my Tesla Model 3 for some key indicators I like in front of me. Device holds a mirror for a cell phone that reverses the image so that it is right side up on the windshield.

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 26, 2021 at 2:38 pm

For my fellow readers who had shown anxiety about visibility of the front wheel widths and door swing into traffic “at night”… See some sample off the shelf auto safety gizmos

Lasers are powerful and come with warnings.

We haven’t seen the front arm aero covers yet for the present Aptera, which might offer other possibilities preserving the aerodynamic design while being light weight.

For those who do not have a garage and need to park outside at night, near grasses, natural areas, city, etc,….where rodents may be… down lighting / motion activated strobe lighting may have another merit to deter them. I have met too many ICE owners who have their wiring chewed in some of those environments. (I have garaged my vehicles for fifty years with no issues… but hear their cries)

• TitusVR

September 2, 2021 at 1:04 pm

When I first saw that scribble of a future dog kit and pics with dogs boarding the rear of the Aptera over a wobbly footstep, I felt like I want to add my thoughts – and as a designer I made some drawings too … hope you like them.

My Labrador very often joins me in my small Peugeot 206 Convertible. I removed the original tiny rear seating and replaced it with a more roomy flat soft floor. Actually it now has a very similar layout like the Aptera. Only difference (apart from not being a super car) is the more egg shaped door cutout on the Aptera.

My dog generally has no problem climbing the car through the front doors. I am not sure … on the Aptera, a dog probably has a problem placing its paw on the more curved door frame. Thats why I thought of a single plastic step attached to the frame. However I think front door entering for your dog would be more practical over the course of day.

Then, to have a safe journey, I think we need two dividers. One to the front seats and one to separate luggage from the dogs cabin. Plus a buckle to leash the dog. It would be fab if the engineers think of adding some connection points on the cargo bed to fix dividers or later third party solutions.

Now in my idea I felt like such a divider could double as a foldable sleeping mat or even a solar mat when cells can be attached to the back.

And I couldn´t help it and made one more fancy drawing of a camping kit, where the tent does not cover the whole car and hatch roof.

I take whatever Aptera comes up with though. I am excited about every update and the very good design so far. It overexeeded everything I thought of for a car …

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now