What does making a reservation do for me?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What does making a reservation do for me?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What does making a reservation do for me?

• What does making a reservation do for me?

Lou Verner updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago 8 Members · 9 Posts
  • DON RASKY

November 17, 2021 at 5:59 pm

I was in the process of making a reservation for an Aptera when I read Aptera information that said or implied to me that making a reservation does not guarantee me an opportunity to purchase an Aptera when the vehicles are produced. If this is true or if the prices can escalate significantly without an option for a refund of my deposit, what does making a reservation actually do for me? I love the idea of the Aptera and would like to purchase one. I don’t have to be the first one on my block to get one if simply waiting does the same thing for me as making a reservation.

• Leonard Nowak

November 17, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Don

You can write to info@aptera.us if you have any doubt

My understanding is

A pre order refundable reservation is only a reservation at the price listed when you build that reservation. When your reservation comes up for an order you have to commit to order. Refundable to that point.

There is wording in there too about a 7 day/1000 mile return policy

If it helps my referral link is http://t.ly/lRQR and I am told it reduces the typical $100 refundable deposit to $70 when you check out

I would think “in time” prices will climb and be reflected in their pricing during the reservation/vehicle build

I hope this helps.

• DON RASKY

November 18, 2021 at 12:02 pm

My thanks to everyone for the insightful information and clarifications. I wasn’t worried so much about the monies as if you can afford the car you can afford the reservation fee. Really just wanted to know that I barring a meteor strike or ELE, that I would one day receive an offer tied to the configuration I requested and my place in line. I very well convinced that Aptera the company and the car/autocycle will succeed given the history of the company and the known quality of the product. Again, many thanks!

• Peter Jorgensen

November 17, 2021 at 8:12 pm

The most likely case of you not getting an Aptera would be if you live in a country they cannot sell it to – Like North Korea for instance or possibly India, that sort of thing. They may also prioritize orders based on equipment needed – Like 400 mile batteries before 250 mile batteries, etc.

We have very strong evidence that reservations would be refunded if they went under which doesn’t seem likely anytime soon. Getting a reservation in secures your spot in line, gives them $100 (or 70 if you use any of our referral codes which gives us a discount too) and indicates interest to Aptera which helps them plan. They are probably going to start selling them middle of next year. If you reserve today you’re probably getting it in 2024. If you wait until production start probably 2025-2026. Nothing wrong with that either I suppose – or try to find one on the used market, which probably won’t be easy until the pre-order list is satisfied.

• Richard Marks

November 18, 2021 at 2:38 am

For myself I don’t want to wait 2 years to get mine. I may not be able to enjoy it by then. I wanted one 10 years ago.

• Joshua Rosen

November 18, 2021 at 6:56 am

A reservation puts you in line but it doesn’t guarantee that they will build the configuration that you want or sell it for the price they’ve listed. Likewise you have no obligation to buy the car when it comes out. They will be production constrained so if you think you might want one and would like to get it before 2024 then dropping $100 on a reservation makes sense. It’s not a lot of money, if you can’t afford to lose it then don’t bother.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 18, 2021 at 9:58 am

First I’ve seen that the price is not truly locked in. I just looked to try to find the fine print and couldn’t find it. Wouldn’t really surprise me but obviously they will try to stick to the price if they can as otherwise it would be really bad PR.

• V pilot

November 18, 2021 at 6:43 pm

Wouldn’t do much for “good will” either

• Lou Verner

November 18, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Chances are they’d lose more money in lost customers than eating any cost differentials

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now