Visibility

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Visibility

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Visibility

• Visibility

Kenneth Bolinsky updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Morris Wilder

August 21, 2021 at 3:54 pm

I’m choosing the all panels option. Wondering about the visibility out of the rear hatch. Anyone else?

• Philip Raymond

August 21, 2021 at 4:13 pm

With solar panels on the hatch, there is no visibility out the hatch window. Rear vision is entirely dependent on cameras feeding the rear vision monitor, mounted where the rear view mirror would be in a ice/legacy car. It’s the same setup without solar panels on the hatch as well, no traditional mirrors, just cameras, pending approval by the NHTSA of course.

• Morris Wilder

August 21, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Ok. I’m so used to being able to see behind me with the traditional mirror or the over-the-shoulder look. I can adjust, though 😁

• Leonard Nowak

August 22, 2021 at 9:10 am

I agree. I stopped using my truck rear view mirror in 2017 when I mounted my Spare Tire behind the cab. It was easy to adjust to and the fact that Aptera will have a rear view camera… that’s amazing

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 22, 2021 at 10:36 pm

You might want to visit this page to learn about a rearview camera system currently in use – and maybe, then, visit a Chevy dealership to check it out! https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/general-motors-technology/gm-safety-technology/gm-active-safety-technology/gm-rear-camera-mirror/

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now