U.S. Senate panel advances EV tax credit of up to $12,500

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News U.S. Senate panel advances EV tax credit of up to $12,500

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News U.S. Senate panel advances EV tax credit of up to $12,500

• U.S. Senate panel advances EV tax credit of up to $12,500

• Fanfare 100

September 20, 2021 at 6:43 pm

State-Level incentives could be thousands more! It will be important to see the result of Aperta’s lobbying for the acceptance of 3-wheelers into this equation. If successful that would be a nice break. If not successful, me wonder to what extent these incentives would still be applicable?
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-panel-advances-ev-tax-credit-up-12500-2021-05-27/

• John Malcom

September 20, 2021 at 7:27 pm

Thanks for sending this along to us.

Encouraging at this point. Long way to go before it becomes law. Plenty of time for changes. I suspect if it makes it into law that the number will be smaller. I am afraid that Aptera, a three wheeler which hasn’t delivered a vehicle yet will have a tough time making headway. There are some provisions that will be beneficial for Aptera, but not at the 12K level. Aptera will need to compete mainly on its merits which it has a lot but it would be nice to have some tax incentive too

• Joel Smith

September 20, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Article is from back in May. Still a good read but I should probably go look for more current news next.

• Joshua Rosen

September 21, 2021 at 6:45 am

It’s an awful bill and you should write your Rep to oppose it. The Ford F150 will get $12,500 while an Aptera will get only $2500, that will make the F150 cheaper than all but the base Aptera. The best subsidy would be no subsidy, let the market work. The purpose of this bill is to protect Ford and GM from competition from startups and foreign owned companies.

• David Marlow

September 22, 2021 at 1:53 am

While I am not a pickup truck driver and a $12,500 incentive would not make me buy one, pickup buyers are the ones that need the most incentive to switch from ICE to EV. These represent the hard core ICE buyers that really need the incentive to switch.

Of course I would like to see Aptera get a better deal, however Aptera buyers don’t need to have the up front incentive, to switch to efficient transportation.

Aptera does need to get its fair share of incentives, when it starts to compete in the SUV market.

• Richard Tidd

September 28, 2021 at 10:04 pm

Here is a diff article about this:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/09/house-infrastructure-bill-includes-new-tax-credits-for-new-and-used-evs/

If passed, I’m hoping I read this that we could be eligible for $4000 base + $3500 (for the 40kwh 400 mile battery) + Poss $500 for 50% made in USA + up to $2500 for three wheel faster than 45mph.

So it could look like that adding more batts could be paid for by the credits.

Attached is the Aptera battery info I found. Hope it is correct.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now