Theft Deterrence

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Theft Deterrence

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Theft Deterrence

• Theft Deterrence

Pistonboy updated 1 week, 6 days ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • John Johnson

October 10, 2021 at 7:46 am

How secure will the Aptera be, e.g., breaking into, towing away, etc.?

• kerbe2705

October 10, 2021 at 9:04 am

I can’t imagine that it will be any more or any less secure than other vehicles. One thing that deters break-ins is full internal visibility: If a miscreant can see there’s nothing inside to remove they’ll move on as it’s not worth the effort. The lack of door handles and the small openable door windows might serve a similar purpose as most automotive break-ins rely upon speed and ease.

• Curtis Cibinel

October 10, 2021 at 11:10 am

Given the recent trend of casually keying of tesla cars I think a related question would be if external cameras can record in a sentry mode. We have external cameras for mirrors, likely something in front for FSD and rearview.

I am also curious how scratch able the unpainted polycaronate will be. If its anything like a motorcycle helmet it might be nearly impossible to key an Aptera.

• Pistonboy

October 10, 2021 at 3:01 pm

One of the biggest deterrents to theft may be how unusual the Aptera is.

Vehicles are often stolen so their parts can be sold. There will be so few Apteras, that demand for parts will be very limited.

Would a chop shop know what to do with it.

Car thieves want to keep a low profile are they are driving a stolen vehicle. They would not want to be in the most conspicuous vehicle on the road.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now