Supercar Blondie discusses the new Vinfast brand

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Supercar Blondie discusses the new Vinfast brand

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Supercar Blondie discusses the new Vinfast brand

• Supercar Blondie discusses the new Vinfast brand

John Malcom updated 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Ronster

November 21, 2021 at 10:37 am

Who’s noticed their commercials?

Vinfast (Vietnam EV) launches in America with ~60 locations throughout California.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWGS5LZ413s

• George Hughes

November 21, 2021 at 11:39 pm

This article in The Truth About Cars website takes a bit more skeptical look at Vinfast than whomever paid shill that was on that video.

From the article:

We’re a bit more skeptical. It’s relatively easy, if not cheap, for the company to put together a press conference and display at the show, and to host media for a party after the show’s first press day (full disclosure: I stopped by this party briefly). It’s another for VinFast to break into an already crowded American market, get the attention of consumers who have never heard of the company (and some who may be skeptical of cars built in Vietnam), show that the cars can compete with existing models, and navigate a complex regulatory environment.
    Indeed, of the two cars on the show floor, one had a dummy interior that appeared to be made of foam.

Despite the over the top presentation, it is not difficult to understand that Vietnam is not much less threatened than Taiwan or South Korea by China and in an effort to bolster its independence, it may actually drive them to execute this effort.

I would think, though, they may need something more than a ‘me-too’ technical effort in the SUV class.

• John Malcom

November 23, 2021 at 4:39 pm

They will have it. A very low price point neither Tesla, GM, VW, nor the two Korean manufacturers can match for an SUV.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now