Super well done Washington Post Article on Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Super well done Washington Post Article on Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Super well done Washington Post Article on Aptera

• Super well done Washington Post Article on Aptera

John Malcom updated 1 week, 1 day ago 4 Members · 7 Posts
  • Ronster

September 14, 2021 at 10:05 am

For anyone looking for it, interested &/or haven’t yet seen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-solutions/interactive/2021/solar-car/

• John Malcom

September 14, 2021 at 12:19 pm

A number of people have either sent me the article or sent the link as they know of my enthusiasm for Aptera. It is unusual for a paper to allocate so much space for an in-depth article. The author is an environmental reporter so she must have felt strongly about the potential contribution of the Aptera to repairing the environment and made a strong argument with her editor

• Paul Evans

September 14, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Wow! This article was written Feb. 25, 2021. Oh how I wish I had seen it when it was first published; I would have made my reservation much earlier and be higher on the list. 😥

• Ronster

September 14, 2021 at 12:59 pm

I hesitated too as it was their second run at it, plus the Elio & “other” EV vapourware. I waited but also concluded that even if I was first, given I’m from Canada there would be a small delay on priority; at the beginning anyway.

That said, I’m fully committed to buying two fully loaded (identical) ones with all options & would pay right now (today) to get A.S.A.P.; tomorrow (PLEASE) 😜🇨🇦. We’ll fly in, then fly out “wingless” with both. Can’t wait but patient as necessary.

• Joshua Rosen

September 14, 2021 at 1:03 pm

I want to drive a bottlenose dolphin, coefficient of drag of .01. Does anyone know if the hydrodynamic and aerodynamic drag coefficient’s are calculated the same way?

• Ronster

September 14, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Wingless flight‼️

• John Malcom

September 14, 2021 at 2:15 pm

The answer to your question is yes the same formula using different values for some variables.

Both air and water are considered “Fluids” in the calculation. When calculating for air, the viscosity variable is 1. When calculating for water the viscosity variable is 1000 as water is 1000 times for viscus than air. A first year physics book, or of course Wikipedia will have the formula which is to complex to paste here. The drag coefficient is composed of frictional drag (viscous drag) and pressure drag (form drag).

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now