Status of drivers license law in Massachussetts

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions Status of drivers license law in Massachussetts

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions Status of drivers license law in Massachussetts

• Status of drivers license law in Massachussetts

• Joshua Rosen

August 25, 2021 at 1:28 pm

The FAQ says that a motorcycle license is required in Massachusetts. There was a bill to change the law in process, does anyone know if it passed? I’m also a little confused as to why a motorcycle license is required. The definition of a motorcycle in the MA code lists enclosed vehicles in it’s exception list.

The proposed bill is

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/S2360.Html

• John Malcom

August 27, 2021 at 2:36 am

Why don’t you call the DMV and ask them or go online to their site and find the information?

• Joshua Rosen

August 27, 2021 at 9:13 am

The RMV won’t know anything until it’s been passed and signed. I was just curious if anyone had any insights about what’s going on. I’ve found a site where they track progress but it also indicates that there is a competing bill, S.2278, that’s worse. S.2360 exempts enclosed three wheelers from both the motorcycle license requirement and the helmet requirement but the other law that’s in progress specifically requires helmets for all autocycles. That would make things worse because under current MA law the definition of a motorcycle excludes three wheel vehicles that enclose both the driver and the passenger.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now