Sono Motors IPO tomorrow

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sono Motors IPO tomorrow

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sono Motors IPO tomorrow

• Sono Motors IPO tomorrow

Ronster updated 4 days, 16 hours ago 9 Members · 22 Posts
  • John Young

November 16, 2021 at 5:02 pm

Anyone else curious about the SONO Motors IPO tomorrow?

https://sonomotors.com/

16,000 reservations @ 2,500 EUR per vehicle so far..

Production in 2023.

• Ronster

November 16, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Nothing sexy nor exciting about it. I see it as a “me too wannabe” at best. In the end, I hope all EV’s and SEV’s do well but this thing ISN’T for me; don’t see it as being anything disruptive either.

It’s simply BLAH with no style, no personality & no substantive differentiation, IMHO.

Someone ask me what I think. LOL.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 16, 2021 at 5:33 pm

Not everyone needs style. Sono is a family EV for european cities. After the amazing success (or insanity) of the Rivian IPO this is the best proxy for what to expect when the Aptera IPO comes along in 1-2 years. Really hoping Aptera can wait to IPO until they have produced units as this is the usual concern with EV startups as they need to get operating funds.

• Ronster

November 16, 2021 at 5:40 pm

Well if generic no style fugly & pure utility is all one needs, then buy anything as this certainly fits that descriptive; a “me too” generic entry.

Taxi maybe?

I suspect there will be much better coming that will fit the bill & budget ie. better options from GM or the other traditional autoco’s (& yes, new Chinese entries too).

• Roshiyu

November 16, 2021 at 5:32 pm

It’s an interesting little vehicle, I’ll give it that. But my last batch of investment cash went towards Rivian, and I’m currently riding that wild incline. 😛

• Curtis Cibinel

November 16, 2021 at 7:45 pm

I keep my speculative to under 5% and it’s in Aptera. BYD would be my choice if I choose to put more in speculation because being a diversified company and battery supplier is a very safe position.

• Henry Kitt

November 17, 2021 at 8:29 am

Sono (SEV) was up over 100% already today, which is awesome for a inferior company to Aptera which isn’t slated for deliveries until 2023. This is excellent news for Aptera future valuation.

• Ronster

November 17, 2021 at 8:53 am

We’ll see what happens in the next several days and ongoing but, I guess, I may have error’d not having put some resources there, even short term, based on personal bias.

In all honesty, I wasn’t watching them before as their product didn’t excite nor intrigue me in any way personally.

I’m certainly going to go in deeper buying more Aptera shares (& ongoing).

• Lou Verner

November 17, 2021 at 9:05 am

I think we’re going to see a pretty vigorous world side turn to EVs over the next 12-18 months, especially if gas prices continue to stay above “acceptable” levels. There will increasing number of EV players and public will be ultimate decision-makers as to which survive and prosper. In US, bloated trucks and SUVs have for some time been the vehicles of choice. If that continues, Aptera will definitely be more of a niche player. Whether or not it can succeed and maybe expand out of that niche may depend on the ability of the company to ramp up production to meet demand. 10-12K vehicles/yr not likely to do it. My hope is that some level of initial success in first year or two will allow company to replicate its small-scale, hand built manufacturing paradigm in multiple locations.

• Ronster

November 17, 2021 at 9:09 am

Any idea on Sono’s actual production capabilities, facilities and targets?

• Dean McManis

November 17, 2021 at 9:48 am

It is very interesting to see how their IPO does. In Europe there are not many other vehicles available with SEV capability at that price. I also am not excited about the design, but it looks to be very practical and “right sized” for European roads. I am not going to invest, but it looks encouraging for the future of our investment prospects in Aptera. Just as investments in Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian are looking good.

• Ronster

November 17, 2021 at 11:14 am

This IPO in Europe provides a WOW Moment‼️

Well, some folks more than doubled their money today. Last time that actually happened to me personally, in such a short time, was on some initial offerings of Canadian Cannabis stocks. Was amazing then and I find it amazing now.

I hope Aptera Motors can gear up volume as there is a HUGE opportunity for them IMHO.

• Ronster

November 17, 2021 at 11:41 am
    • Ronster

November 17, 2021 at 1:11 pm
  • John Young

November 17, 2021 at 12:21 pm

I was able to get a handful of IPO shares through Robinhood and boy, now I think I should sell everything and dump it all into Aptera. $8.80 a share? Looking at Rivian and now Sono, $50 a share by the time Aptera launches their IPO doesn’t sound unreasonable. Rivian has delivered a handful of vehicles and Sono has about as many reservations as Aptera. Aptera should at least have some units on the road in customers hands by the time we see APTR on the ticker…

• Ronster

November 17, 2021 at 12:29 pm

I plan to top up and buy more soon & for a number of reasons BUT the number one reason is that I believe in the product & mission.

• Lou Verner

November 17, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Hope you’re right. Even at $34.52, my $10K investment would net me my Aptera at no cost. Not that I’d likely do that…more likely I’ll follow Curtis’s advice and take out initial investment and leave the rest for future growth.

• Henry Kitt

November 17, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Now up almost 200% on the first day. But keep in mind that American EV makers trade at a premium, and keep in mind that Aptera crushes the stats of every vehicle ever made, while Sono absolutely does not, and that Sono is slated for 2023 while Aptera will already have deliveries during the IPO. Sono Motors I don’t believe have talked about any worldwide expansion either. Then also factor in that Sono probably priced their IPO too low at just $1.1 billion in this type of market.

So based on this, we can assume that a $10 billion IPO for Aptera would be cheap, and would also cause the market to take it much higher on day 1, after over 100 vehicles have already been delivered, and a 4 wheel Aptera either having a prototype or a rendering with a production date targeted.

• Ronster

November 30, 2021 at 1:32 pm

The market gods giveth & taketh away.

For those that had watched the initial public offering and takeoff…

HEADS UP:

SEV hit an all time low earlier today for those “possibly” interested to now invest; IF, one believes in the group, organization; their depth of expertise, capability, capacity & the structure behind them in which to achieve.

Can they compete, & in time, to what’s coming?

• Arlen Bell

November 30, 2021 at 6:39 pm

It will be interesting to watch this. It would be good to know if the majority of investors are in the US or Europe. The fact that production is so far in the future was a big mistake for the IPO. A drop this large and now flat lining is very bad news!

• Morris Wilder

December 1, 2021 at 1:16 pm

Market Summary > Sono Group NV

NASDAQ: SEV

Follow

12.63 USD −2.47 (16.36%)today

Closed: Dec 1, 4:14 PM EST •

• Ronster

December 1, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Sizzle, fizzle & slide. ⬇️

No reason, nor news, for it to go up, IMHO. If you believe, then buy the dip. How low will it go?

Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now