Shareholders, we need to go public through IPO or SPAC.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Shareholders, we need to go public through IPO or SPAC.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Shareholders, we need to go public through IPO or SPAC.

• Shareholders, we need to go public through IPO or SPAC.

Henry Kitt updated 1 week, 3 days ago 14 Members · 24 Posts
  • Fenicio

August 16, 2021 at 7:55 am

Hi there.

I’m a retail shareholder as the most part of the forum.

It’s too important to push to the Board to be public ASAP because as you can see on this news, the EV market is envolved in a financial bubble that we can use to finance the short and long term of Aptera.

Lucid Motors strikes SPAC deal to go public with $24 billion valuation | TechCrunch

We are not profitable right now, so we need to use this bubble to save our company and reduce CO2 emission to the earth. Chris said on january that we will go public in 2 years. It might be too late for us.

If we go public and the bubble is not there, Aptera likely will go to bankrupt.

The whole company should stay together focused in go public ASAP.

This thread is created to add your support here and make pressure to go public.

I would like to see here the marketing team giving info and updates about the deadlines to go public.

Any news about the new CFO?

• Peter Jorgensen

August 16, 2021 at 9:11 am

Hi there,

These guys and gals running the company have a lot of experience starting multiple successfully companies and know a lot more about this than you and I. Being public is not necessarily a good thing.

• John Malcom

August 16, 2021 at 9:23 am

I think you will find that the voting majority of shares are in the hands of company management and founders so that Aptera can follow their strategy/business plan. What you propose is not possible or needed. You would know this if you had done your research before making this post. I would encourage you to research the background on Aptera1 (The original company) and the current Aptera to give you a balanced perspective on which to base your assessments.

<font face=”inherit”> Aptera Management and Engineering have done an excellent job in managing both the business and technology of the company without the necessity of oversight from outside financial interests. The involvement of outside financial interests was a significant reason for the failure of the First Aptera company, and of course should be avoided now especially as Aptera </font>approaches<font face=”inherit”> the production milestone.</font>

I STRONGLY OPPOSE any effort to force/encourage Aptera to deviate from their current business plan by any group internal or external! They have a well qualified CFO who has experience in going public and I trust in her judgement/plan for the company along with other senior, experienced management.

This is not the time for a “Sky is falling” investor who doesn’t have insight into Aptera strategy or their business plan to raise alarm in a public forum.

The current team should retain complete control so their successful strategy and obvious performance based on their experience and expertise can bring Aptera to successful production and market penetration generating revenue.

You yourself felt that way or you would not have invested initially😃

• John Malcom

August 16, 2021 at 9:31 am

NOTE: ………Not sure why the first post was corrupted. here it is corrected. Moderator, perhaps you can delete the first post. The edit function that was available at one time is missing now

I think you will find that the voting majority of shares are in the hands of company management and founders so that Aptera can follow their strategy/business plan. What you propose is not possible or needed. You would know this if you had done your research before making this post. I would encourage you to research the background on Aptera1 (The original company) and the current Aptera to give you a balanced perspective on which to base your assessments.

Aptera Management and Engineering have done an excellent job in managing both the business and technology of the company without the necessity of oversight from outside financial interests. The involvement of outside financial interests was a significant reason for the failure of the First Aptera company, and of course should be avoided now especially as Aptera approaches the production milestone.

I STRONGLY OPPOSE any effort to force/encourage Aptera to deviate from their current business plan by any group internal or external! They have a well qualified CFO who has experience in going public and I trust in her judgement/plan for the company along with other senior, experienced management.

This is not the time for a “Sky is falling” investor who doesn’t have insight into Aptera strategy or their business plan to raise alarm in a public forum.

The current team should retain complete control so their successful strategy and obvious performance based on their experience and expertise can bring Aptera to successful production and market penetration generating revenue.

You yourself felt that way or you would not have invested initially😃

• Adrian deLisser

August 16, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Hear, hear.

• Fanfare 100

August 16, 2021 at 6:35 pm

Since I can not yet give this a thumbs up or up-vote it here is my emoji:
      👍 +1

• Fenicio

August 16, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Yes. I did my research before my post.

They went to bankrupt because the US goverment didn’t give Aptera de the public money that Aptera needed to improve their tech.

Have you read your message before post it John? Do you know that Aptera needs external financial because they are not profitable right now and they burn cash every month? How do you expect to finance the research if the company has to pay workers? Do you think that the money falls from the sky as rain? They made the Reg-A because of this, Aptera needs money to finance the research.

I’m not forcing to the board to deviate from their original plan. I’m just saying that they sould accelerate it to finance the company and their tech.

So you prefer that they go public in an undervaluated market and they can’t reach their original plan. Don’t you?

It’s better for the investors and specially, for the future the company to go public in an overvaluated market to receive more money than if the market is undervaluated. We both will raise more money and Aptera will create more models, factorys, hire more workers…

I trust both Co-CEOs and they seem good people that love the efficency. Furthermore, their interest are aligned with ours. They have all my support.

• Gabe Kemeny

August 17, 2021 at 5:47 am

Their SEC filing for the current round of funding says that if they get the target amount ($75M), that will last them for 24 months – well into the planned production period. What’s the rush for an IPO if they have money for that long?

• Ken Kobayashi

August 19, 2021 at 8:48 am

The original Aptera didn’t go out of business because the loan was denied. They went out of business because they put themselves in a position where they needed that loan to survive.

• Paul Evans

August 16, 2021 at 2:09 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Peter, John & Adrian. I, for one, trust our Aptera founders. Their original plan got derailed by doing just what you propose. I got badly hurt when the tech startup bubble popped but I learned some important lessons. Leadership, confidence, competence, a well thought-out vision and plan, steadfastness, plus a passion for efficiency are a rare combination that gives me confidence they’re on a steady glide path to deliver a phenomenal product.

• Henry Kitt

August 16, 2021 at 3:17 pm

I haven’t talked to a single person who had already heard of Aptera before I mentioned it. With Lucid Motors they’ve already spent a lot of money on advertising their inferior product, more people know about it because of that.

If Aptera goes public in 2023, the media coverage will be strong because a production vehicle will have been turning heads for over a year at that point, so it should IPO at over $5 billion valuation and not get overlooked by people who don’t know a thing about the company. Investors get excited when a company that’s a household name is about to go public, after the hype is already built. If you go public first and then build the hype that’s psychologically more boring to investors and the market cap would have to start out lower to garner interest.

• Henry Kitt

August 16, 2021 at 3:20 pm

Plus in early 2023 there should at least be a mock-up of what the first 4 seater Aptera will look like; in that case it could IPO much higher than $5 billion…

• Camille Mosley-Pasley

August 16, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I wouldn’t invest in, nor buy the product of a company that made decisions based on fear, speculation and social media posts. Listening to investors is important, but fearmongering as a business plan spells disaster.

• John Malcom

August 17, 2021 at 8:41 am

From your posts I am not sure you have more that a superficial understanding of startup investment strategy.

Aptera does not have a “Board” in the sense you are referring to. The voting shares of the stock are held by the founders and current senior executives. A very wise move at this point. If you have shares, they are most likely Class B with no voting rights.

A large capital valuation based on an IPO does not insure success. Check out Lordstown as an example.

Good, savvy, experienced, and talented management makes the difference between success and failure. The management of Aptera has done wonders with what I consider to be a shoe string budget. I have partnered in three successful IPOs In the technology sector and am astounded (In awe) with what they have done with the little capital they have and have complete faith that they will be successful in bringing their vehicle to market and generate revenue. They will IPO when they feel most comfortable doing so and that will be successful as well.

It may be useful for you to do what you state in your last long post and support the management 100% and go along for the ride to success😁

• Gary Johnston

August 19, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Do not go PUBLIC with your greed mongering thinking.

you make a few worthless dollars and the vision is lost.

Which car company you working for? GM, Fiat, Byd for sure definitely not aptera.

Just saying.

• Joshua Rosen

August 20, 2021 at 7:41 am

SPACs should be illegal, I’m really surprised that the SEC hasn’t banned them yet. The IPO process is designed to insure that only viable companies are allowed to enter public markets, the SPAC has undermined that. Companies that are outright scams like Nikola and Lordstown have been able to use SPACs to prey upon gullible retain investors. When Aptera goes public they should do it the right way through a proper IPO.

• Dan Roberts

August 24, 2021 at 3:03 pm

SPACs were developed to allow companies quicker access to capital. There are plenty of poor SPACs just as there are plenty of poor companies that went the IPO route. Aptera would be no worse for wear if they chose the SPAC route. I am in favor of them staying private for as long as their finances will allow. There is so much drag, inefficiency to being a public company. The IPO process is a marathon roadshow that can distract from the business at hand. Chris and Steve have done well so far and I support their decision to use small investors and private equity to fund the companies development. Go Aptera!

• Fenicio

September 17, 2021 at 9:08 am

Does anyone know how much money have Aptera raised with the last financing round?

• Peter Jorgensen

September 17, 2021 at 11:06 am

I’m also wondering this… Last two times they shut the round down real quick and I think this last one has been open for a few weeks now? How is it doing?

• John Malcom

September 17, 2021 at 11:09 am

Yes of course, Aptera does.

You will know this information and more when Aptera produces its 2021 annual report and SEC filing.

There is no cogent reason for us to know this information at this time as we are not “Insiders” to Aptera strategy and planning, the purview of senior management and the CFO. Knowing how much money is raised in one funding effort of course is only part of the equation of financial status. Other things to know are budgets and run rates, capital expenditures, other expenses, cash flow, debt, and funds available.

So knowing one piece of the puzzle leads to all kinds of inaccurate prognostication ending in unfounded rumors that require management time to flatten when they should be focused on operating the company.

Let’s not stir the pot as you did before with a call for an immediate IPO and let management run the company. to date they have done very well. They are talented and experienced (MUCH more that you and I) Sit back, relax, and enjoy your Aptera when it is ready and sell your shares for an insane profit when the right time comes.

• Paul Evans

September 17, 2021 at 11:53 am

While I’m deeply curious, I’m more interested in staying out of the way and not distracting the team from their progress. I’m grateful that the founders have returned to their dream of building the world’s most most efficient car.

• John Malcom

September 17, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Great post Paul. An example we should all follow.

• Henry Kitt

September 17, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Aptera raised $20 million in the previous funding round, which was $10 million more than their goal. This round hasn’t finished but they intend to raise $30 million. Given that they raised $20 million in only one week last time, mostly through individual investors, they are very likely close to ending this round as well, having met their goal again.

Viewing 1 - 13 of 13 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now