Service availability

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Service availability

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Service availability

• Service availability

• Anna Santos de Dios

October 29, 2021 at 9:21 am

I’ve been keeping an eye on Aptera for 10+ years, so this is an exciting time. When Aptera originally launched, vehicles were only available on the West coast because the service network was limited. Recently, I’ve seen discussions on concerns about insurance and financing and, though it looks like the new model will be available nationwide, I haven’t seen anything on where or how service will be available. Any insights?

• DeVonte Graham

October 29, 2021 at 10:14 am

Thats a good question, if anyone has heard details on this network of service people who will come to you to repair your Aptera, please provide details 😌Setting that up nationwide or world wide seems like a big project that we haven’t heard much about.

I know Aptera will be employing a lot of people. There’s many talented individuals who I’m sure will provide great service.

• Peter Jorgensen

October 29, 2021 at 10:17 am
  • Joshua Rosen

October 29, 2021 at 11:46 am

Service is going to be the limiting factor as to where they can roll out the car. People in Southern California will get it first, after that it might be driven by where they can set up support easiest. I can’t imagine that they have anyone who’s devoted to the problem yet, it’s in someone’s portfolio but the moment everyone there must be running around like one armed paper hangers so it can’t be getting much mindshare. When they get closer to shipping service will move to a front burner. I’m guessing that they will have some sort of mixture of rangers and partnerships with some select garages. I’m in MA, Electrified Garage is in Seabrook NH which is a whole lot closer than California so I’d love to see Aptera reach out to them to do service in New England and Florida where they also have outlets.

• Andy Keck

October 29, 2021 at 12:04 pm

I don’t think the service network will necessarily be a limiting factor this time around. The few maintenance items and most repairs can be done in many shops without extra certifications or special tools. Dealing with the electric system will take require some safety protocols and equipment but won’t be too different from working on other EVs. Like Tesla, it will take a while for there to be enough user base to have any dedicated technicians and shops.

• Robert Klasson

October 29, 2021 at 1:28 pm

I’m not too worried about service and repair availability. Here’s a quote from the Google Spreadsheet FAQ:

Where would I get maintenance and repairs done.

We are designing Aptera to be very modular and easy to service anywhere in the world. 24-hour parts, shipping, and mobile service will make most service tasks a breeze. We will open source all of our service and build documentation that allows people to buy outside our service network, do service themselves or with a local shop. We think the “right to repair” should be applied on every large purchase and we are very supportive of “do it yourself” rights! You can learn more about our philosophy here.”

• Anna Santos de Dios

October 29, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Thanks–very helpful!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now