Security Concern

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Security Concern

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Security Concern

• Security Concern

• Jeremiah Holder

October 18, 2021 at 7:32 am

I am not familiar with how much time and energy is being devoted to the software systems on the Aptera, but since a number of the designers and engineers are admitted Tesla owners, I am confident they are familiar with Sentry Mode. I’d love to see this kind of option offered on the Aptera by default. I believe it is such a unique vehicle and with the ample window coverage, it makes a welcome candidate for vandalism and theft. A sentry mode would be very reassuring.

• Joshua Rosen

October 18, 2021 at 7:45 am

It doesn’t need to be smart like Tesla’s system. Sentry mode eats a lot of power on Tesla’s because they run it through their neural net, or so I understand. I have a bunch of Blink camera’s in my backyard that I use for wildlife. They are RF connected to a WiFI bridge which sends the video’s to the cloud. They have a simple motion sensor that triggers them that works fine. They do all of this on a pair of AA batteries that last for months.

I’d like Sentry Mode video to go to the cloud rather than an SD card like Tesla does it. If someone breaks into a Tesla all they have to do is remove the card.

• Peter Jorgensen

November 11, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Agreed. I don’t mind adding an aftermarket dash cam but I would much prefer if it’s integrated. But if that’s too much work I’d rather they not waste resources on it.

I have a Blackvue Cloud camera now and it has both a card and uploads to the cloud automatically over LTE service. It also has a parking mode (on a dedicated battery) but it will only run for about 18 hours before the battery is dead which is annoying. But I’m happy to put that in my Aptera. The rear camera might be hard to mount since there’s no rear window with the solar.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now