Search function

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Search function

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Search function

• Search function

John Malcom updated 1 month ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • Jose Torre-Bueno

August 24, 2021 at 6:40 pm

If there is a search function for the discussion forum (or for that matter the website) I cant find it. Using the site search function in a general search website brings up things from the old forum that no longer exist.

• Leonard Nowak

August 25, 2021 at 5:19 am

I just noticed it yesterday, so maybe it is rolling out?

• Ozman

August 25, 2021 at 6:09 am

One of a basket of possible glitches. There is no search function for me on a Windows based platform using a Chrome browser, there is one on a Chromebook laptop on a Chrome browser, and there is one on an Android based tablet in a Chrome Browser.

• Jose Torre-Bueno

August 25, 2021 at 8:27 am

You are correct. On a Mac the search bar appears when using Chrome but not when using Firefox.

• Ozman

August 25, 2021 at 10:25 am

Just checked and for me there is a search function on the Windows desktop using Firefox, but not when using Chrome.

• Michael May

August 25, 2021 at 8:42 am

Don’t see a search function using iPad.

I do see the search function in the forum when using a laptop and Edge.

• John Malcom

August 25, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Not unusual for this to happen. Many times the developer does not use a product that is certified for different browsers on different operating systems because each browser/Operating system has its own quirks. Most of the time this is caught at integration testing or at the latest, user acceptance testing. If such inconsistencies are found, the product should not go live until they are resolved. This would be considered a SEV1 (The highest category of defect) in applications I have been associated with fielding. Embarrassing for the business as it is indicative of lack of attention to detail and quality.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now