Sandy Munro Interview. NOT APTERA… but still relevant!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sandy Munro Interview. NOT APTERA… but still relevant!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sandy Munro Interview. NOT APTERA… but still relevant!

• Sandy Munro Interview. NOT APTERA… but still relevant!

Ronster updated 1 day, 21 hours ago 8 Members · 19 Posts
  • Ronster

November 7, 2021 at 12:21 am

Is a “shit storm psunami” coming? Sandy Munro thinks so… and I strongly agree.

#EV #CHINA #TWENTY28 #SAICMOTOR #NIO #TICTOC #TEMPUSFUGIT #TIMEFLIES

“We’re playing checkers one jump at a time. They’re playing chess.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOtAniwC18

• John Belmonte

November 7, 2021 at 4:12 am

There is a separate forum “Solar EV Industry News” for this kind of topic.

https://www.aptera.us/community/forum/other-evs/

Solar EV Industry News

• Ronster

November 7, 2021 at 4:56 am

I DON’T necessarily disagree. Probably should have, I suppose.

Sandy has been synonymous with Aptera so I connected the two and posted a headline or subject that clarified. Oh well. Consider it FINGER exercise 🙄

👉 Wasted click for you?! 👈

• Lou Verner

November 7, 2021 at 6:34 am

Ronster…glad you shared! Watched and think Sandy, as always, was spot on regarding U.S. vs China playing checkers vs chess. Sure hope Chris and Steve more aligned with strategic thinking ala the Chinese. With regard to Aptera, think this would most apply to battery technology used. For example, would move to 4680 batteries be “jump ahead”?

• Ronster

November 7, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Canada speaks loudly on future EV purchase.

According to a recent survey by KPMG, nearly 70 per cent of Canadians planning to buy a new vehicle in the next five years (2026) are likely to buy electric.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/electric-cars-supply-issue-1.6238116

Consider where things will be come 2028.

• Ronster

November 12, 2021 at 7:36 am

Part 2

• Ronster

November 26, 2021 at 10:56 pm

China has the electric car lead:

• Philip Raymond

November 26, 2021 at 11:41 pm

All of Ron’s post videos are relevant, but it doesn’t change what we can’t control, that is China. It’s called competition and I think Aptera will compete very well against whatever China drops on our shores. I think China is a bigger threat to the legacy ice auto companies in the U.S. that are struggling with the idea of an EV world, where ice is either old and outdated or just gone.

• Ronster

November 27, 2021 at 3:29 am

I agree. I’m a huge fan of what Aptera has designed. I also agree that legacy vehicle companies may have a problem with what’s gonna be coming out of China &/or non legacy burdened companies.

The new guard may be replacing (much of) the old guard in a non-violent take over; based as much on mindsets as on anything else.

Innovative entrepreneurial mindsets over traditional, office restricted or confined, formula based theoretical (neither imaginative nor innovative) MBA mentalities; or those stuck in a (literal) box of their own making.

• Elzo Stubbe

November 27, 2021 at 5:03 am

USA don’t need to worry. GM is well underway. Listen to Joe and you immediately…know….

• Ronster

November 28, 2021 at 12:33 am

I have to acknowledge that I find it counter intuitive to create big inefficient beasts & then use a ton of electrical energy to make them work; missing the point of what “Green Energy” really is & means IMHO.

It’s more than putting a battery and electric motors in something large (or even traditional) that moves; is heavy and inefficient.

Obviously buy according to what you actually need to accommodate the activities (or lifestyle) you are interested in persuing &/or continuing and if that involves an oversized beast, so-be-it. Knock yourself out. It’s still better electric than I.C.E.

Don’t pay at the pump but pay on your utility bill more than you need to. If that makes sense, go for it, I guess. Energy isn’t free (with the qualified exception of solar) & the more you need and use, the more it costs you. Simple economics; math & logic.

Energy efficient & cost effective to operate; Aptera offers the benefits of both; PLUS it`s sexy & simple by (both purpose &) design.

This is where I think the legacy builders “may” miss the mark once the imports &/or entrepreneurial innovators come flooding in. New guard & thinking may replace old; and the stock market appears to perceive the same IMHO.

Not sure splitting off an ev division from Ford or GM would be the answer, but it’s certainly a question given ev valuations. Can their culture adapt? If structured somewhat independent & autonomously, then perhaps.

My opinion, of course.

• John Malcom

November 28, 2021 at 3:38 am

Something we agree on!

In the case of GM, the old culture is to ingrained . Even a split most likely will not result in an effective change.

• Ronster

November 29, 2021 at 9:03 pm

Elon responds with his trademark sarcasm; when you’re the wealthiest man in the world, you can do that. ROFL.

Now “that” is “classic”, hypothetically speaking of course. 😂

• Ronster

December 3, 2021 at 6:34 am

𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙀𝙒𝙎: Chinese EV numbers are out for November.

Huge sales growth increases year-over-year. Investment potential?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_x4HlniSU

#BYD #XPENG #NIO #INNOVATION #MOVERS #GROWTH

• Ronster

December 5, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Chinese PSUNAMI (& Tipping Point):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZaEH5nPHg

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now