Return after 7 days or 1000 miles

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Return after 7 days or 1000 miles

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Return after 7 days or 1000 miles

• Return after 7 days or 1000 miles

Posted by Jacky on October 20, 2021 at 2:46 am

Aptera writes: You can return your vehicle for a full refund after purchase within 7 days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first. Does that mean after receiving the vehicle or after signing the sales contract?

john-trotter replied 2 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Return after 7 days or 1000 miles

john-trotter updated 2 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • len

October 20, 2021 at 5:05 am

You could try info@aptera.us but I would be surprised if not

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Len Nowak.
    • Jacky

October 20, 2021 at 9:38 am

I wrote an email to aptera 5 days ago but haven’t received an answer yet

• Crash

October 20, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Some kind of drive before you own is a must. Maybe a location, even temporary, in every other state for a demo ride.

• kerbe2705

October 20, 2021 at 5:42 pm

The “7 days/1000 miles” return policy is most likely to compensate for the inability to test drive before purchase.

• arlen-bell

October 22, 2021 at 9:56 pm

This would be ok for local CA buyers, but is not going to be practical for those all the way across the country. Personally I’m ok with coming to the manufacturing location for test drives.

This also brings up the issue of how can Aptera be delivered across the country. In looking into this, the width prevents it from being transported on all of the usual transportation carriers for either cars or motorcycle trikes. I’d like to know if Aptera has already come up with a solution for this.

• Audra

Administrator
    November 24, 2021 at 1:11 pm

Hi Dirk! I’m checking with the team and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you so much,

Audra

• john-trotter

November 25, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Not too unlike early (current?) Tesla, I’d guess they will ship it to you and start the clock when you accept delivery. If you refuse, or wish to return it, they say “OK, fine, can we make you a different one?” and send the original to the nearest reservation holder. BTW, trucks that can carry heavy (wide) pickups can carry Aptera, provided a center load path. Or, flat-bed/floor truck or trailer. Plenty of precedents out there.

or to reply.