Referral incentives and info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Referral incentives and info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Referral incentives and info

• Referral incentives and info

Posted by steve-lee on August 10, 2021 at 1:48 pm

It’s $1000 per referral. This is a referral that completes purchase, not a referral that just reserves correct?

Mike-Mars replied 3 weeks, 4 days ago 22 Members · 29 Replies
  • 29 Replies
  • Referral incentives and info

Mike-Mars updated 3 weeks, 4 days ago 22 Members · 29 Replies
  • RajGiandeep

August 10, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Correct, must purchase Aptera to get credit. Which makes sense.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m3AKptR_X98FFB9a1v89vJ2SjYSBb76Nafo_E5fin60/edit

• randy-j

August 15, 2021 at 6:40 am

As I drive my new Aptera and people ask me about it I would like to refer them to the company and earn credit for it. To give out that referral code would be difficult. Will there be another way? Maybe a printout I carry in the car and they can scan it with their smart phone… assuming they have one.

• steve-lee

August 23, 2021 at 10:53 am

Sarah or someone from Aptera, can someone clarify how the credits would work? Would there be a refund of $1000 per referral since all of us will have already bought the vehicle and paid for it. Or would it only be useful for a future Aptera purchase so we would need to buy TWO Apteras to get any value out of our referrals?

• Sarah

August 23, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Hi Steve, I’ll check with our team and get back to you as soon as possible with more information. Thank you!

• anthony-kinaszczuk

April 4, 2023 at 11:25 am

Just a quick question is there a way I can refer someone to buy a Aptera and get credit for it. If so how

• OZ.

April 4, 2023 at 12:52 pm

Since you entered a response here, you must have an account. Go to the my account link at the top, this takes you to your dashboard, go to the referrals link, then on the referrals page, there is a link toward the bottom, that is your personnel link. Anyone who uses the link gets $30 off their reservation and you will get credit (After they make their purchase) to use on a future Aptera purchase.

• laura-batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 9:15 am

I am still trying to sort out the referral system, but it seems to me that it would be nice to have a member’s referral code as part of their profile. That way, a new buyer can reward someone who has been particularly helpful to them in the forums. Just an idea.

• michael-jarvis

January 21, 2022 at 5:48 am

how does the referral system timing work? in other words, most referrals would likely get delivery of a vehicle after mine. Would I still be allowed the discount, or would I have a credit on a future car only? Can I opt to defer delivery of my vehicle until after all referrals are delivered?

• len

January 21, 2022 at 6:14 am

info@aptera.us may be the best place for an answer direct from Aptera Motors

In my case… just get/buy my Aptera ASAP and save any referral points for next vehicle.If I hit the 26 referral milestone…donate the free base model to a non profit charity or sell that second one (unless another vehicle is needed at home at that time.)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Len Nowak.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
  • steve-lee

February 4, 2022 at 11:58 am

No answer as of yet

• laura-batchelor

April 15, 2022 at 11:40 am

So – is the referral incentive program only for pre-production orders, or will it continue after the vehicles are being produced? I want to stick a QRC code on the back of mine and put up a little sign on the back when in in parking lots saying something like “YES, IT’S A SOLAR CAR! Scan this code for more info” for onlookers if I can earn credits toward a second Aptera down the line. If I can’t get referral credits, I will just answer questions but not get into advertising it. (I’m not naturally inclined to be a sales person.)

• Biker

April 15, 2022 at 12:20 pm

The referral system will likely be in place for some time after production starts but will likely be phased out eventually.

• raymond-nettleton

January 2, 2023 at 6:06 pm

After accepting the fact that I will probably drive 85 mph in the heat and cold my range will be less than 300 miles most of the time on my 400 mile edition. Add a little battery degradation and not running to zero miles before charging and 400 is now 250. I think I will really want the 600 mile version in order to net 450 miles between 1 hour charge stops. (one charge stop Salt Lake to Portland OR)

Since the 400 mile range will be produced before the 600 and I might actually be fine with the 400 so I want to keep that reservation.

So I want a follow up reservation for the 600 mile version I may or may not actually purchase. (also maybe some other improvements such as the heat pump and autopilot will be available in year 2 of production)

If the first unit maintains its value I think I will definitely follow through.

Anybody done this in such a way to get the $70 fee and referral credit?

New email address/different credit card. Maybe my wife can do this, but is this necessary?

• kerbe2705

January 2, 2023 at 10:36 pm

@RAYMOND NETTLETON Remember that our minimal “deposits” are really just a poll to determine what people like: They don’t guarantee us a vehicle, just a place in line.

At some point Aptera will ask us to confirm our reservations by making a pre-order deposit that will be either a fixed amount or some percentage of the purchase price. Up until the moment you click the “order” button you’re free to change your mind about what you want.

It’s also unwise to burden your mind with suppositions about what the vehicle may or may not be able to do: “That way lies madness”, as they say…

As to the discount and referral, I’m fairly certain that you can’t have both – i.e. you can’t use your own referral number to get both the discount and the referral credit. At best you can use a friend’s referral number and get 30% discount while making that friend love you just a little bit more. And who doesn’t need a little bit more love nowadays? 😀

• michael-keller

May 7, 2023 at 4:35 pm

I have 46 referral credits. Assuming that Aptera does not change the rules of the game, I will be able to apply these credits once the 46 people take delivery. It is reasonable to assume that not all 46 will take delivery — though no one can say with confidence how many will take delivery, nor when. These 46 people have relatively high order numbers, and so are far down the list for delivery. The soonest that Aptera can start production is March 2024, perhaps at the company’s stated production volume of 10,000 units per year, and then later — no one knows when — advances to 20,000 per year. The 46 reservation holders may then have the opportunity to take delivery — when? Not 2024. Not 2025. Maybe starting in 2026? 2027? Along the way some of the many thousands of reservation holders may drop out, thus allowing those with higher order numbers to get an Aptera sooner — but no one can say with confidence how many will drop out. What does all of this mean? Clearly, there is much uncertainty, especially for those with high order numbers — but you already knew that before you started reading this (thanks for reading this far!). For me personally it means that I have begun actively looking for an alternative EV, because I suspect that by the time my order number of 37,616 allows me to place my order, I will have long since lost patience with Aptera and purchased an EV — I, and most people in the market, do not need an Aptera; rather, we need an EV. If and when Aptera contacts me to say that my reservation holders have taken delivery, I will assess whether to place my order or to wait for addition reservation holders to do so. In the meantime I wish Aptera and fellow reservation holders all the best.

• glenn-zajic

May 7, 2023 at 7:52 pm

Wow! Congrats. If Aptera is highly successful they may be producing alternative vehicles by then and would most likely honor these credits towards a different selection by then.

• curtis-cibinel

May 7, 2023 at 8:57 pm

Good job. As Chris said the referral program is the cheapest/simplest way to market. If 30+ convert to sales its a free Aptera

• Mike-Mars

May 8, 2023 at 4:07 am

Anyone wants to guess what % of pre-orders convert to actual sales (eventually)? My feeling is that it’d be in the 20%-40% range (40% would be knocking it out of the park, I cannot imagine it being higher). Obviously if the prices end up high, then that number would be a lot lower.

• bruce-mengler

May 7, 2023 at 4:52 pm

If & when you decide that you are willing to trade your credits for cash, then reply to this thread & we might be able to complete a transaction. I’m on the Accelerator list & will enjoy my new Aptera after deliveries start. I am convinced that later vehicles will have things like a heat pump for HVAC & similar upgrades. The reality is that your credit are worth something if & when you decide that you are a willing seller of them.

Have A Nice Day!

• martin-w

March 28, 2024 at 7:09 am

Hi, did I do something wrong with the reservation, I have a code plus registration and still had to pay US$ 100.00, not just US$ 70?

• Riley

March 28, 2024 at 7:50 am

I followed my referral code and it does ask for $100

Not sure of the $70 was a temporary discount. In the end it doesn’t matter as the $100 gets deducted from the finale sale price of the vehicle.

Edit:

I created a second account and followed my referral code and it does work. The discount doesn’t show until you go to checkout

• laura-batchelor

March 28, 2024 at 8:51 am

You need to use a page associated with a referral code to get the discount. It appears when you check out. Lots of people have referral codes.

I think if you cancel your existing reservation, and then put in a referral code, you should get the discount. As mentioned, you will get the full $100 discount on your purchase, so basically you get a $30 discount by using the code. It’s not much, but helps. It also helps the person whose code you use, since they get a credit toward their purchase if you actually buy an Aptera.

Once you put in a reservation, you will have your own code listed on your account page. You can’t use your own code for yourself, so it’s nice if you use someone else’s code.

• martin-w

March 28, 2024 at 4:31 pm

Hi Steve how can me help for the reserve problems? My Referals code does not work for the reduction for the us$ 30.-. How can I help for this, does you have an directly connection?

Regards

Martin

• Biker

March 28, 2024 at 5:49 pm

Use the contact page on the Aptera page to ask for help.

• Mike-Mars

March 29, 2024 at 5:11 am

I’ve experimented with referral codes a bit in the past, and these were my observations:

• You need to follow the link and place the pre-order without navigating too much around the site.
      • Similarly, if you follow the link, bookmark the Aptera homepage and come back to it later, it doesn’t work
      • It needs to be someone else’s referral code, not your own (so for example, if your partner wants an Aptera too, and wants to use your referral code, they need to create their own account, and not place a second order on yours)
      • The discount only shows up on the checkout page and not before

I didn’t try with ad-blocker, private mode, or third party cookies turned off in the browser, but I suspect that turning any of those on would probably stop the referral code working.

If you have already placed the pre-order & the code did not work, I would suggest mailing Aptera on the support email and asking them to apply it (giving them the account or link).

• ROMAD

March 29, 2024 at 11:11 am

Hmmm, that probably explains why it didn’t work for me 2 years ago.

• Mike-Mars

March 29, 2024 at 1:10 pm

Yeah. Anyone sensible is going to want to spend some time & read everything before they put money down, and hence the referral code will probably drop off for them. The way to get around that is to follow the referral link again once you’ve made up your mind.

— Edit:

Just been playing around with it a bit, and it does seem to be more forgiving now than previously in terms of forgetting the referral code when navigating around the site. So that’s an improvement.

• Sam

March 29, 2024 at 11:12 am

Contacting Aptera would be your best bet but did you check your bank to see what was actually charged?

or to reply.