Rear view mirror camera for full solar application

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rear view mirror camera for full solar application

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rear view mirror camera for full solar application

• Rear view mirror camera for full solar application

• Richard Palmisano

September 1, 2021 at 4:27 am

I searched the forum and this topic hasn’t been discussed.

Why not include an option for a rear view mirror camera, much like say the recent GM products (i.e. the C8 Corvette) for those that opt for the full solar panel treatment on the rear deck?

It’s not new tech, it makes a whole lot of sense and it definitely would be safer than an obstructed rear view? I’m sure that the housing for such a camera could be designed so that it doesn’t not effect the aerodynamics as well.

• Ronster

September 1, 2021 at 4:35 am

My understanding of their intent is to be a rear view mirror camera and two side mirror cameras INCLUDED. As such, I ordered full panel package and the 1000mi battery combo. The rear deck need not be looked in and a cover would have been needed; not needed now.

• Richard Palmisano

September 1, 2021 at 8:17 am

“my understanding of their intent…”

That’s very vague. I’ll give it a pass for the moment until we see Beta and Gamma. I’m sure that this idea is not lost on the design team, as they want to place cameras for the side mirrors if they can get approval.

• Ronster

September 1, 2021 at 8:29 am

While you may consider it “vague” by my wording, it has been been explained in official videos and info. I didn’t just come up with it. That said, none of us are in receipt of the final product either.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

September 1, 2021 at 8:08 am

As Ronchie said, the rearview “mirror” camera/screen is already standard equipment. In the image on the left you’ll see three dark diamonds at the top of the rear hatch: The center diamond is the high-mounted brake light – the other two are camera/sensor locations. The “backup camera” – the one used when the vehicle is reversing – is mounted below the license plate, as shown in the photo on the right.

• John Malcom

September 1, 2021 at 9:45 am

Richard, it is time to believe as indicated by the last two posters the rearview camera is a part of the engineered Beta design😁

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now