Prepay While on Waiting List?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Prepay While on Waiting List?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Prepay While on Waiting List?

• Prepay While on Waiting List?

Ozman updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago 8 Members · 9 Posts
  • Steven G. Bueche

August 31, 2021 at 2:20 am

A thought came to me while pondering the fact it may be a year or more before I receive my Aptera. Why not make payments on my car during that time in order to limit the amount needed to finance when it’s ready?

They already have an account under my name and could set it up under the accounting department to track deposits. When my car is ready they tell me the balance and I apply or pay the remaining balance.

With enough people doing the same it could provide a steady cash stream and allow them a bit more flexibility in ramping production, ordering parts or whatever they need it for. It might also help offset the amount of fund raisers needed before production.

10,000 people sending just $100 a month is $1,000,000 a month.

What say you?

• Richard Palmisano

August 31, 2021 at 4:48 am

Steven, I really appreciate your enthusiasm about Aptera…honestly and truly do…

However, do you know when you will get your vehicle? You’d be paying for the promise of something that hasn’t been made yet or before? Heck, it’s not even approved for use on the road yet.

Slow your roll brother. It’s coming, I have no doubt, but I doubt Aptera can ethically start taking payments for something that isn’t there yet.

• Joshua Rosen

August 31, 2021 at 5:32 am

If you want to invest in the company invest in the company. It’s a highly speculative investment but there is the possibility of a high return and that’s money they can use fro development. Prepaying for a car that might never be delivered makes no sense. you have a bank account where you can save for a car.

• John Malcom

August 31, 2021 at 7:42 am

Steven, better approach might be to establish a separate savings account at you bank just for an Aptera. Make your payments into that account. You will draw interest (Admittedly not much) and you will mitigate any risk of Aptera going out of business without delivering you vehicle

• Christopher May

August 31, 2021 at 10:51 am

I have a TFSA set aside, where I throw in $500 a month. I’m hoping to have at least a $10K down payment by the time I get an offer for my delivery.

• Romeo Salcedo

August 31, 2021 at 11:07 am

I started a Fidelity investment account for my Aptera, investing in stocks

• Steven G. Bueche

August 31, 2021 at 4:50 pm

Wow, I must admit I wasn’t ready for the negativity in the replies.

Don’t get me wrong you all make great points and have tossed around some ideas I have either already started or thought of. (Invested and a separate account) Maybe I trust what I see and hear a bit too much and was just wanting to show that and do my fair share to help.

I know it sounds a bit naïve but darn it, I want his company to succeed and well maybe I jumped the gun too soon. I’ve seen companies come and go and think, “Man, if they would just have had a few more bucks they would have made it”

I’ve sent a request in to HQ. Let’s see what their reply is.

thanks for all the concern and educated replies folks.

• Charles Overbeck

August 31, 2021 at 7:25 pm

I agree with you Steven and would like the option of being able to pay more for the deposit to show I am committed. Call it a down-payment if you would like. $500-$1000 would be a much more convincing showing then the $100 or free reservations that others have gotten.

Aptera can use it to better legitimize their 2022 or early 2023 IPO for 81* Billion dollars when they go public.

(*As we all know the Aptera is worth much more than Rivian. 😀)

• Ozman

August 31, 2021 at 7:41 pm

One of the unmentioned things here, is that by starting to take “prepayments” Aptera would put itself in a position where you are fully entitled to a refund of those funds, if the worst should happen and the project went south. They would already be on the hook for the $100 reservation fees, but those that have invested (Myself included, so don’t take this as a negative detractor throwing shade, I damn well want them to succeed and I want my Aptera.) have done so with the knowledge that if something happened, they did so full well knowing that their investment could be a total loss, with no recourse for refund. Prepayments would place a legal financial obligation on them, and that’s a headache they probably don’t want or need.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now