Potential Competitor for Family EV Market Segment

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Potential Competitor for Family EV Market Segment

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Potential Competitor for Family EV Market Segment

• Potential Competitor for Family EV Market Segment

Joshua Rosen updated 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • John Malcom

September 29, 2021 at 10:40 am

Canoo looks like it will be in production around the same time as Aptera. It will appeal to families or those wanting more than two seats. Range limited to 250 Mi/charge is Achilles Heal competing against Aptera. Priced competitively at about $35,000. Certainly not aerodynamic! I have a neighbor that has one reserved. Right for him with three teenagers. We have friendly arguments about Canoo vs. Aptera. I have turned one of his sons who wants his dad to buy him an Aptera for graduation.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1125186_canoo-lifestyle-vehicle-price-specs-review-photos-info

Looks like a bug. Makes you want to step on it and squish it!

• Joel Smith

September 29, 2021 at 11:16 am

They garnered rather more of my interest when they introduced their pick-up concept. A lot of full size pick-up capability packed in a compact EV foot-print.

Couple of months ago, someone was at the right place at the right time and snapped photos of a prototype sport coupe of theirs also. There was a link in the old forum.

I’m sticking with the Aptera for my primary / commuter vehicle though.

• Joshua Rosen

September 29, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Looks like a great taxi, 250 miles of range is probably fine for a taxi.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now