Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Pilot production floor plan

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Pilot production floor plan

• Pilot production floor plan

Davis Edwards updated 1 month ago 9 Members · 12 Posts
  • Riley -_-

November 1, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Nice update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK-aamqGZS4

What are your guys take on the production floor plan? Looks so simple they could have many of these production lines set up all over the world.

• G Johns

November 1, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Now that’s a Reveal. Very good info. Enjoyable to watch. Thanks.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 1, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Without more details and resolution it’s hard to get any information from this. The 2 large machines might be molds.

Does each station assemble a full car or is it an assembly line? Aptera has a unique design and efficient production by hand will be hard.

It is unclear if this is the layout to scale to 10k per year (about 35 per day).

• Hans Roes

November 2, 2021 at 12:13 pm

The way this is laid out, it is an assembly line. Big parts arrive at the front of the line on the right and the vehicles move through the 10 stations to be assembled and then you can follow the lines on the left to filling fluids and computer testing to end up with water ingress testing and spot repairs at the bottom before exiting.

The smaller line on top appears to be battery manufacturing given the labels, to the left of that is what I assume to be HVAC assembly.

• Peter Jorgensen

November 1, 2021 at 11:02 pm

It’s a final assembly and battery assembly line. I don’t see any molds or layup equipment. The bodies are most likely built somewhere else then the vehicle itself is assembled on this line then rolled out the door. About half robotic, half manual. This is well done – there’s a lot of work put into this.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 2, 2021 at 9:22 am

Aptera Owners Club covered this on his youtube and seems to have managed to get a little higher quality scrape.

He also asked what these (pictured) are? (I have a theory but wont post it to keep people’s minds open)
    Do we think they will 3d print the actual parts?

• Paul Hackett

November 2, 2021 at 10:00 am

They appear to be 3d print molds for the suspension.

• Llewellyn Evans

November 3, 2021 at 2:14 am

It is a MASSIVE 3d printer. Look how far the bed goes beyond the curtain. I also notice some big prints behind the curtain …. wonder what they are.

• Davis Edwards

November 3, 2021 at 7:56 am

Great to see the latest update! I count 21 vehicle stations in the overall floorplan.

My guess for the 3D print is the basis for a large mold for the rear-end bodywork. It definitely looks like something with a Left and Right mirrored component. I doubt it would be suspension arms since those appear to be cast metal and would likely not use this negative mold and 3D printing. I cropped the photo and put together a couple of pieces. Not 100% sure though

• John Trotter

November 3, 2021 at 6:36 am

Any idea where paint might be? Or, film/wrap application? Or parts and product storage for that matter. (“just-in-time” has gotten a bad rap lately!)

• Peter Jorgensen

November 3, 2021 at 7:14 am

I’m guessing the body-in-white comes into the facility already wrapped. Station 2 says stuff about the Body so I’m guessing station 1 is load battery tray on assembly line, station 2 is load body on top of battery tray, and so on.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now