payment methods

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions payment methods

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions payment methods

• payment methods

Elzo Stubbe updated 1 month, 1 week ago 6 Members · 12 Posts
  • Elzo Stubbe

October 23, 2021 at 6:03 am

Why is it that only credit card holders can make a reservation. From a social standpoint it would be highly appreciated by many, especially European citizens to have a little bit more choice as it comes to payment methods. The vast majority of potential buyers have the ideal method. And to make it a bit more globally accessible, combined with Paypal…

• John Malcom

October 23, 2021 at 10:42 am

It is simply a matter of the fees Aptera would have to pay for the various payment methods. The more methods offered the greater the fees Aptera has to pay. Aptera has selected a method that will service the majority of the potential market for reservations for early delivery that is most common and convenient for that market. Payment methods may be adjusted as the market expands.

• Dan Roberts

October 23, 2021 at 10:51 am

Actually it is most likely a matter of convenience. I don’t think fees enter the equation. Anyone who has run a business knows that credit cards are the most expensive form of payment for a business. Usually around 3%. I think at this stage of development time and convenience is the priority.

• Curtis Cibinel

October 23, 2021 at 11:52 am

I was really surprised to see credit card as an option when I invested. I expect they have some kind of deal because when dealing in thousands of dollars the standard 3% (5% for amex) seems insane. I used this approach because it was the simplest and lowest cost on my end.

• Curtis Cibinel

October 23, 2021 at 11:49 am

Are credit cards really that rare in europe – how are online purchases handled generally? Are prepaid cards or virtual card services not readily available or is this more about convenience?

Here in canada most debit (bank) cards also act as a virtual credit cards (allowing online purchases) and most people have at least 2 credit cards. This isn’t to say the cards aren’t paid off regularly (for most people) but credit is readily available even for students.

• Elzo Stubbe

October 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm

No it is not rare. The vast majority here simply uses the ideal method. 55% of online payments are done this way. But it is only a dutch payment method. So you must connect to Paypal to make global payments. If it is more expensive for Aptera? I haven’t got the faintest idea.

But I get the drift: Do not nag, get a credit card and you can make your reservation….

• kerbe2705

October 23, 2021 at 3:24 pm

PayPal allows you to draw funds from a bank account, not just from a credit card…

• John Malcom

October 23, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Those of you who have bought merchandise on Aptera’s shopping pages and tried to use express checkout are “Encouraged” by navigation to either select shopPay or GPay two relatively unknown payment systems. Aptera has contracted with them to support shopping on their site. Possibly, in their contract with these payment support providers, there is language restricting Aptera from using PayPal to limit competition.

If they are processing overseas payment transactions it is most likely that they are paying SWIFT System fees as well.

I would assume that Aptera has worked out a payment system with the smallest rate structure that provides payment support most convenient for their potential patrons

Remember, their mantra is “Most efficient”

• Philip Raymond

October 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm

In regards to John’s comment about Gpay, I do use Gpay which was previously Google Pay, it was re-branded earlier this year. Gpay is like Paypal, in that you can choose which credit card you wish to tie to Gpay. Gpay also does bank transactions.

• John Malcom

October 23, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Thanks For the additional information!

• kerbe2705

October 23, 2021 at 9:42 pm

As Philip said, GPay is familiar to most Android phone users. My phone has NFC so I use GPay at a great many point-of-sales terminals: Supermarkets, medical offices, etc. It’s nice because it’s a non-contact way to pay.

• Elzo Stubbe

October 24, 2021 at 2:20 am

Yep my mantra too….

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now