Parked Monitoring ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Parked Monitoring ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Parked Monitoring ?

• Parked Monitoring ?

• Daniel Crotty

August 16, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Software in the car can “Warn” us if we are about to hit something.

Perhaps it should also be made to Beep if we are about to be hit. I recall watching my brother back into my car and I could not get his attention before the crunch. An Audible sound (&/or flashing lights) would get the attention of those nearby.

I have already tried to get people interested in having at a minimum a Dash-Cam option, or at least wiring and attachments already there on delivery. These too can be turned on to capture video of an incident.

• Leonard Nowak

August 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm

I have “heard” proximity sensors for the front and at least a sensor for the back were in the plans, and hope they can share “were they are in on that” in the validation (Beta) vehicle(s).

IMHO It seems like they are focusing on the big items first ? I would hope sensors are an easy add-on???

• Daniel Crotty

August 16, 2021 at 4:01 pm

I added the auto driving stuff for my order. So I “assume” the sensors will be there. What sparked this thought was my being not in the car, and someone about to hit it. So why not blast an alert. That could get annoying in a parking lot, but I would rather hear it than the sound associated with a dent I am about to make.

At least some DashCams will start recording if something gets picked up and the car is parked.

• Leonard Nowak

August 16, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Yeah… I have no idea if it is part of that or std but…. I added everything to my preorder as I do not have to commit until it turns to an order and there should be plenty of Apetrae out there before my order comes due

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now