As I, like many of you, daydream about my Aptera I think about the many details. Today I was thinking about the owners manual and what I would like to find in it. Aside from the normal stuff, like what the controls do, what the warnings mean and that kind of thing I would love to see the following:
– detailed instructions on how to change the tires. The wheel covers and rear fairing will make that interesting.
– how to properly clean the body and solar cells. I’m guessing special care will be required in some areas.
– Clear guidance on software updates and how to accomplish them
– a basic wiring diagram along with a schematic of where important wires run in the chassis
– specs for light bulbs, even LED ones
– alignment specs, guessing most shops will scratch their heads when the see one of these for a while
I know that we will likely have access to a full shop manual, based on right to repair comments, and that’s awesome, but sometimes you just need the important details.
A good users manual is pretty important for new car owners, especially something as new and innovative as an Aptera.
I asked a formal question about the development of the users manual. I will post the answer when I get it if Aptera doesn’t. I also asked about warranty documentation, warranty support, and Customer Call Center all of which should be in place when the first vehicle is delivered to an Aptera Enthusiast.
This infrastructure is important to us, but will also reflect on the attention to detail for Aptera. If not executed well, there will be doubt about the quality of the engineered car in the community.