Owners Manual

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Owners Manual

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Owners Manual

• Michael Rennick

August 31, 2021 at 4:44 pm

As I, like many of you, daydream about my Aptera I think about the many details. Today I was thinking about the owners manual and what I would like to find in it. Aside from the normal stuff, like what the controls do, what the warnings mean and that kind of thing I would love to see the following:

– detailed instructions on how to change the tires. The wheel covers and rear fairing will make that interesting.

– how to properly clean the body and solar cells. I’m guessing special care will be required in some areas.

– Clear guidance on software updates and how to accomplish them

– a basic wiring diagram along with a schematic of where important wires run in the chassis

– specs for light bulbs, even LED ones

– alignment specs, guessing most shops will scratch their heads when the see one of these for a while

I know that we will likely have access to a full shop manual, based on right to repair comments, and that’s awesome, but sometimes you just need the important details.

Anything that you would like to see?

• Bob Kirchner Kirchner

August 31, 2021 at 5:16 pm

The fusebox directory for my current VW is hopeless. Please, Aptera, do better. It wouldn’t be hard. You could start by using words as well as cryptic symbols to label the circuits.

• John Trotter

August 31, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Fuses? Why? Tesla does without.

• John Malcom

August 31, 2021 at 7:11 pm

A good users manual is pretty important for new car owners, especially something as new and innovative as an Aptera.

I asked a formal question about the development of the users manual. I will post the answer when I get it if Aptera doesn’t. I also asked about warranty documentation, warranty support, and Customer Call Center all of which should be in place when the first vehicle is delivered to an Aptera Enthusiast.

This infrastructure is important to us, but will also reflect on the attention to detail for Aptera. If not executed well, there will be doubt about the quality of the engineered car in the community.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now