Our full names used in discussion

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Our full names used in discussion

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Our full names used in discussion

• Our full names used in discussion

Chad Dunham updated 3 weeks, 4 days ago 10 Members · 11 Posts
  • Pistonboy

August 11, 2021 at 4:21 pm

Our full name is being used in these discussions which fully identifies everyone. This I do not like.

This is a characteristic of the new website.

• Seth Hill

August 11, 2021 at 7:45 pm

I like my full name being used in these discussions. How else will I get famous?

• Riley

August 11, 2021 at 8:07 pm

Doesn’t bother me either, but I still removed my last name.

• Christopher May

August 11, 2021 at 9:45 pm

I much prefer going with my online nickname.

If someone feels brave enough to look up my online activity over the last two-ish decades, well, that rabbit hole ain’t under my normal name. 😛

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 11, 2021 at 10:52 pm

The nickname function is glitching. Also, we don’t have the ability to edit or delete our own messages once we’ve posted them. I’ve reported the issues and they are on Aptera’s “to do” list.

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 13, 2021 at 6:05 am

Ken, I’m pretty sure there are a lot of glitches to iron out. Different people see/get different options. For me there is an edit function on my own posts, I hover the cursor over the upper right corner of my post, on a line to the right of my name/time entry, and the reply arrow appears along with a 3 dot menu icon, the only item brought up by that submenu is the edit function. (For me, among other problems, is I have no notifications icon, and can’t see when I’ve been messaged or have any other notifications.)

• John Malcom

August 12, 2021 at 7:40 am

Not a problem for me using full name. I am pretty ordinary and uninteresting. Would be dull tracking me. You can of course, refrain from posting until they get the “Glitch” fixed

• Jeff Vayda

August 13, 2021 at 5:57 am

Guess Im old school, but going through the trouble to ‘log in/subscribe’ and not being comfortable with the world knowing it is ‘you’ seems a bit rich. I am here because I believe in the message and am anxious to let the world know!

• Eric Rucker

August 13, 2021 at 7:49 pm

You can change this, by the way.

Click on “My Account” in the upper left corner, “Forum Account” on the left (may be near the bottom if on a mobile device), “Edit Profile” next to “View Profile”, and then under “Last Name”, there’s an option that says “Public Change“. Click on Change, and you can restrict who can see your last name – Public, All Members, or Only Me. Then, click “Save Changes”.

(There’s also a nickname choice but that doesn’t seem to be used…)

• Christopher May

August 17, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Seems it’s been fixed now.

However, in doing so it defaulted your forum Nickname as both your first and last name(even if you chose to keep your last name private).

• Chad Dunham

August 22, 2021 at 6:08 pm

While I am fine with my name being displayed (people look for me, they will find a doppelgÀnger that passed away recently). I decided to just use my first name and order number.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now