Norway continues to lead the world with EV's. What can "WE" learn?

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Norway continues to lead the world with EV's. What can "WE" learn?

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Norway continues to lead the world with EV's. What can "WE" learn?

• Norway continues to lead the world with EV's. What can "WE" learn?

• Ronster

November 12, 2021 at 8:26 am

When it comes to electric vehicles, Norway is top of the class. They are everywhere! In 2020, they actually purchased more electric cars than any other types of cars altogether.

“In 2020, 54 per cent of the new cars that were sold in Norway were EVs.”

Here’s two important links of potential interest:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicles_in_Norway

https://www.visitnorway.com/plan-your-trip/getting-around/by-car/electric-cars/

• G Johns

November 12, 2021 at 9:22 am

What’s the gasoline cost?. Somewhere around $7.00 us.?, Electric about 14 cents a kilowatt?.

Makes cents to me.

• Harry Parker

November 12, 2021 at 11:51 am

Norway also has a 100% import tax on cars which they waive for EVs, and a bunch of other EV incentives, like free tolls.

• Elzo Stubbe

November 15, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Norway has a lot of advantages but very little sunlight for additional charging…..especially in winter…(24 hours of darkness)

• kerbe2705

November 12, 2021 at 12:06 pm

“Regular” in Norway is currently at the equivalent of $6.27 USD – and homes pay $.145 per kW while businesses pay $.082 per kW. US averages are $3.416/gal and $.1042/kW. The petroleum industry represents 18% of Norway’s GDP while it’s 8% in the US: One reason it’s so low in the US is because it is so heavily subsidized by the government.

• Ronster

November 12, 2021 at 12:02 pm

In the end, the direction is clear & irreversible. If we’re destined to go the smart direction of EV’s (thank God) then its adoption becomes a speed or timing exercise. Sooner is better; faster is better for the environment. Feet have dragged for far to long to the detriment of our younger generation & the world. Either way, given technology has changed, advancing & continually getting better. It’s time.

The time is rype. The time is now.

Let’s learn from other nations’ best practices and let’s move (push & pull things) forward together for a better world.

I’m all in.

• G Johns

November 12, 2021 at 7:24 pm

kerbe2705 sir,

Just a few short years ago my total electric bill varied from 0.17 to 0.23 cents per kilowatt.

I moved and now pay about 0.11 cents per kilowatt total.

• George Hughes

November 13, 2021 at 6:30 pm

Electricity is going to continue to get cheaper. Plans are to generate so much renewable energy that excess – particularly sunny, cloudless days – will produce so much extra they’ll not only be able to fill all the batteries (including potentially grid-tied cars) but produce copious amounts of green hydrogen basically through electrolysis.

We are headed more toward sustainability as a societal value of the highest order. You have to be blind to not see the role Aptera has to play in inspiring not just America, but the world, in how being smart can let you have your cake and eat it if you’re just really good at what you do.

• G Johns

November 14, 2021 at 5:53 am

Mr. Hughes, I like your thinking but I remember “to cheap to meter”, I think the inherent greed will never let that happen. Sad.

But Aptera can help bypass the greed.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now