Nissan Leaf Cheapest U.S. EV in 2022

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Nissan Leaf Cheapest U.S. EV in 2022

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Nissan Leaf Cheapest U.S. EV in 2022

• Nissan Leaf Cheapest U.S. EV in 2022

• John Malcom

October 16, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Nissan lowered the price of their lowest trimmed Leaf to $27.400 for the 2022 model year. Unfortunately, range for the entry level Nissan is only 149 miles per charge. The range for the higher level trims, only 226 miles.

The Leaf was the best selling EV in the world at one time. Failing to improve charge mileage distance has put them to the bottom of the pack in the US

http://www.businessinsider.com/nissan-leaf-revew-cheapest-affordable-electric-car-in-us-2021-10

• Curtis Cibinel

October 16, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Leaf is still very flawed due to lack of thermal management for many climates. Base Aptera crushes it once they ship. Hopefully early 2022 is realistic.

Ps: post got duped

• Curtis Cibinel

October 17, 2021 at 9:03 am

Kandi k27 is a 60 epa city car (100 NEDC). Video is from last year. They don’t have a tax credits based price listing on the site anymore and the price is listed as $15k. Per this second link it is eligible for the credit which makes it a $7.5k car and potentially less in states with incentives.

https://youtu.be/MrVGTzM81L8

https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2021/09/15/which-electric-vehicles-still-qualify-for-us-federal-tax-credit/amp/

Note : k23 is the higher spec with 113 epa (about 180 NEDC). Neither really should be on highway often but can reach about 70mph

Update : looks like they limited to nev speed for the current release (likely due to crash tests). Potentially will get refined but should still be cheap.

• John Malcom

October 17, 2021 at 10:55 am

I believe Kandi (27,23,32) are only available for reservations at this time. Not for sale yet. Were to be available in 2020

• Fanfare 100

October 17, 2021 at 8:59 pm

Yes John, and I attempted to cancel my reservation with Kandi for the K23 after I made my reservation for the Aptera and was greeted by a bounced email from the person who had originally acknowledged receipt of it. She, Rachel, no longer works for them but nobody was notified. Instead of the email bouncing it should have been auto-forwarded to the next cognisant company official, but no.

Any attempts at reaching them, including on their “Contact Us” portion of their website has been met with being ghosted.

Any attempt at reaching out to them via Twitter or YouTube has also been met with being ghosted.

It seems that they’re down to a skeleton crew, to give them the benefit of thew doubt. But as of for the past few months of me trying to get my $100 back, it seems as though their “refundable” reservation is not truly refundable.

OTOH, I do know an owner of a K23 who bout their directly from China. Instead of a speed of 68 they were able to up that to 72 by changing the tyres to ones with a slightly bigger radius, at the expense of only a little bit of torque, which they say is hardly noticeable. The biggest hit seems to be the range, due to the wind resistance.

Also, the K23 is an EV conversion of a successful and well-regarded Japanese ICE vehicle called the Daihatsu Cast. People around the world say that it is space-efficient. It’s back seats can even recline. And it’s goon on maintenance. But nowhere can I find any documentation regarding its safety, not that of any crash test results, not only in the U.S. but anywhere. The Daihatsu Cast is very popular in Pakistan, but no crash test or safety results there either, nor does that market seem to care.

And that is my experience as well as the experience of the person I know that owns one.

Oh, that person managed to get up to 12 miles per day by mounting a solar panel on its roof on a roof-rack, but only on local drives and the already limited overall range suffered considerably due to the drag created by the roof rack.

They have been dreaming about taking it to a body shop to have the solar panel embedded onto the rooftop, but that never happened and remained a dream.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now