Naming conventions…

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions Naming conventions…

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions Naming conventions…

• Naming conventions…

• kerbe2705

August 19, 2021 at 5:42 pm

In Act 2, Scene 2 of “Romeo and Juliet”, Shakespeare’s Juliet asks, “What’s in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet”

We speak of the Aptera Motors 3-wheeled vehicle as “the Aptera” but what happens when there is more than one Aptera vehicle – how will we distinguish between this vehicle and those vehicles yet to come? The three alpha prototypes are differentiated by the name of their external color – I’m guessing that won’t be a viable practice in the long run: Somehow, “I drive an Aptera Blue 4-wheel Sedan” just doesn’t have the same ring as “I drive an Aptera (model name here).”

American poet Gertrude Stein posited that “A rose is a rose is a rose” – but will our mantra be “An Aptera is an Aptera is an Aptera”?

• Fanfare 100

August 19, 2021 at 5:59 pm

Speaking of Matras… 😉
    It’s been my thought and I once suggested that the 1st Aptera should be called Surya Namascar. As a play in words. Because in the yoga tradition, in Sankrit “surya” is the sun and “namaskar” is a respectful salutaion. In yoga we attempt to find balance and harmony with nature and nothing like the first viable solar car to salute the sun in such a manner.
    🙂🙏 🌞

• John Malcom

August 19, 2021 at 6:29 pm

I think senior management in conjunction with the excellent marketing people will figure it out at the right time

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 19, 2021 at 8:24 pm

I have asked the question of Aptera, their reply and verified by Chris Anthony in a reply to an earlier request. The three wheeler is an “Aptera” (Plural Apterae) made by the Aptera company. Future vehicles will have individual names, IE the four wheeler might be the “Quadwind” by Aptera, etc.

As the Aptera advances and is modified, I would assume it will receive something along the lines of a year designation or an appended name of some sort.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now