Messaging issue on website

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Messaging issue on website

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Messaging issue on website

• Messaging issue on website

• Michael May

August 17, 2021 at 9:20 am

It seems that the link to the Messaging system on the website was never implemented. You can message individuals and they can reply, but there is no easy way to get to the Messaging main page. There are a couple work-arounds, but they’re pretty kludgy.

I figured that this would be a fairly easy fix, but maybe Aptera isn’t aware of the issue yet?

• Ozman

August 17, 2021 at 11:47 am

There’s a lot of little bugs, and they can vary from person to person. I don’t get any notifications at all, nor do I see a page for entering preferences for them. Oh look, the editing function just came back for me.

• John Malcom

August 17, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Perhaps Aptera does not want that function implemented in the forum as a way to reduce extraneous messaging. After all, this is a forum for posting not an external/internal messaging system that would require much more monitoring by scarce staff at a time when all should be focused on advancing the engineered prototypes.

With the current Forum format there is ample opportunity for Aptera enthusiasts to express opinions or ask questions

• Michael May

August 17, 2021 at 1:45 pm

I’ve had conversations with other members which were not of public interest. The only difficulty is that you have to use one of a number of work-around methods in order to get to the Messaging main page, or go back to a previous conversation. The functionality exists, and there is no need for ‘monitoring’ private conversations between members.

• Fanfare 100

August 18, 2021 at 1:01 pm

In before “My encrypted personal messages are is sometime corrupted. What can do?” 😆

• Leonard Nowak

August 18, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Write to info@aptera.us and explain, with an example so they assign someone to assess. I would imagine suppling the operating system and type of device you were on might help with trouble shooting(?)

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now