Mass Residents, please contact your State Rep and State Sen about S.2360

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Mass Residents, please contact your State Rep and State Sen about S.2360

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Mass Residents, please contact your State Rep and State Sen about S.2360

• Mass Residents, please contact your State Rep and State Sen about S.2360

• Joshua Rosen

September 2, 2021 at 10:28 am

There is a bill in the Massachusetts legislature to legalize Apteras in MA. According to the FAQ MA requires a motorcycle license to operate a three wheel vehicle. S.2360 would allow autocycles to be driven with a regular drivers license and without a helmet.

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/S2360

There is another bill that will make things worse for Aptera drivers in MA. It fixes the license requirement but introduces a helmet requirement. Under section 90 of the current law enclosed vehicles are exempt from the helmet requirement. That bill is S.2278, let them know that this is a bad bill.

Please contract your state rep and your state senator and ask them to support S.2360. I contacted mine a week ago, I’ve finally received and acknowledgment from the state senators office, haven’t heard from the rep yet.

There are a few other states listed on the FAQ that require motorcycle licenses, please check the FAQ and if your state is on the list check to see if there is any autocycle legislation pending and if so contact your reps.

• Joshua Rosen

September 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm

I contacted the office of Mike Moore who is sponsoring S2360 which will legalize autocycles in Massachusetts, S2360 removes the Class M license and helmet requirements for enclosed three wheelers. He offered to let me testify virtually when the hearings finally occur. I’m not sure how I could be helpful but if someone from Aptera want’s to testify they should contact Matt Ritter directly or if they want me to act as a middle man because I’m an Mass citizen I’d be happy to do it. Someone from Aptera is in a position to testify about the safety of the vehicle which will carry way more weight then an outsider who can merely quote their FAQ.

Matthew.Ritter@masenate.gov

Hi Josh,

My name is Matthew Ritter and I’m Senator Mike Moore’s Legislative Director. He asked me to get back to you regarding an update to his autocycle legislation.

The first step for any bill filed in the legislature is to have a public hearing before a Committee with subject matter expertise- in this case the Joint Committee on Transportation. The hearing process is run by the two Chairs of the Committee, and gives an opportunity for officials and members of the public to comment on the bills.

Unfortunately, hearings for the Transpo Committee have been a bit delayed because the Senate Chair recently left the body for another position. We have had several conversations with his house counterpart and committee staff to educate them about the issue and request a hearing as soon as possible. We are hopeful that a hearing will be scheduled soon as the new Chair gets settled into the role. If you’re interested in submitting written testimony or testifying virtually when the hearing is announced, I’m happy to help facilitate that for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Matt

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now