Marques Brownlee aka MKBHD (more youtube reviewers)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Marques Brownlee aka MKBHD (more youtube reviewers)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Marques Brownlee aka MKBHD (more youtube reviewers)

Tagged: ,

• Marques Brownlee aka MKBHD (more youtube reviewers)

• Trevor Fernandes

October 6, 2021 at 6:07 pm

I think we need to get Aptera EV’s in the hands of more tech influencers on YouTube such as MKBHD.

I’m not sure when is the right time but more people becoming aware of Aptera will only do good. Hopefully see a spike in demand. Point is, let’s get more eyes on the great work done by Aptera and help bring it to life asap.

• Carl Knapp

October 6, 2021 at 9:01 pm

That MKBHD influencer sight is a good idea.

• Ray Holan

October 7, 2021 at 5:49 am

I certainly share your enthusiasm, Trevor. My reservation is in and I have my fingers crossed that I can take delivery before 2023.

Your point about timing is well-taken. I note that Aptera only has Alpha vehicles available, not Beta vehicles or anything remotely ready for production. Having ride and drives with Alpha vehicle would be likely shooting themselves in the foot as reviewers note fit and finish issues or creaks and groans that are to be expected in early prototypes. Reviewers who might be initially skeptical of Aptera would latch onto those issues as justification for dismissing the vehicle and the company.

Personally, I put more stock in reviewers from the mainstream automotive press such as Road and Track, Car and Driver, Autoweek, and Motor Trend. I’m no media expert, but I suspect they prefer reviewing vehicles that are either in production or close to production. These folks are more likely to welcome the innovation of Aptera and put the vehicle in a favorable light. They have far more credibility than the average YouTuber who’s working out of the home office in their apartment. This is not to knock YouTube reviewers, but to highlight the limit of the amount of influence they have. Certainly noise about Aptera is good, but some noises means more than others. Just my two cents.

• Davis Edwards

October 8, 2021 at 1:14 pm

I enjoy Doug DeMuro’s highlighting of quirks and features on cars new and old. His videos get lots of views (over 4million subscribers) and he is even located in the San Diego area. His contact is DougDeMuro@yahoo.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/DougDeMuro/videos

• Paul Evans

October 8, 2021 at 11:05 pm

I checked his site and stumbled upon a review he did on the VW XL1. It was a design study 10 years ago to build the most fuel efficient car they could. VW sold 100 to the EU public for $150 K (in current US dollars).

What surprised me was the doors. They open spookily like the Aptera’s, have cameras instead of side mirrors, and windows that look/operate like the ones on our most favorite car (except they’re manually cranked) !!!!!!!! Wild!

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

October 9, 2021 at 9:18 am
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now