Manufacturing plans

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Manufacturing plans

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Manufacturing plans

• Manufacturing plans

• David Smith

August 10, 2021 at 10:44 am

I would love to learn more about what’s going on with the change of manufacturing facilities, why the change is happening, and what this means for overall delivery schedules. If there’s a new article/release out there that explains, please leave a link for me to follow.

Thanks,

David

• John Malcom

August 10, 2021 at 4:13 pm

there is no “Change” in manufacturing facilities. Aptera is “Looking” for a manufacturing facility. The facility they are currently in is their development facility where they are advancing their prototypes. It is a development facility

• David Smith

August 10, 2021 at 4:28 pm

My mistake.

Is there any company-generated information on timelines for beta prototypes and start of production?

• Peter Pantoliano

August 10, 2021 at 5:07 pm

can anyone out there tell me when cars will start to be delivered ?

its like pulling teeth to get any sort of idea on projected delivery dates …….

• John Malcom

August 10, 2021 at 6:48 pm

The first production vehicle is scheduled to be delivered at the end of this calendar year with deliveries to reservation holders starting in 2022. You can look at the SEC filings on the site for the schedule furnished to the SEC. I would imagine that the reemergence of the COVID Delta Variant may impact the Aptera schedule as it will everything else

• Pistonboy

August 11, 2021 at 1:57 am

In the 2021 Annual Report, it says on page 19:

• Deliver a vehicle to a customer by the end of the year.

• Then build out our facilities and ramp up production accordingly in 2022.

It is interesting they say “a customer”.

This report can be accessed from their website.

If I remember correctly, they found their development facility in a location which had ample room they could expand into for manufacturing. Apparently they decided to not use the potential manufacturing space, and instead look elsewhere.

• Gabe Kemeny

August 11, 2021 at 4:21 am

If you look at the location of their current office/development facility, there’s no way that could be a manufacturing location – way too small. Even at the low end of 10K vehicles per year produced, it would mean just the parking lot outside to hold the vehicles to be shipped needs to probably accommodate at least 100 vehicles (less than a week of production).

• Pistonboy

August 13, 2021 at 3:15 am

In the following video with Sandy Munro, Chris and Steve talk about their manufacturing and development building plans.

It is at time 6:00.

https://youtu.be/4DhzkUnIh58?t=360

• Steven G. Bueche

August 13, 2021 at 2:42 pm

So by this time (8/13/21) the first stage of the manufacturing facility could be set up already? Wouldn’t it be cool if a few shots of that set up could be shown. 😍

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now