Luna timer

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Luna timer

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Luna timer

• Luna timer

• John Malcom

October 15, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Good to see the Luna countdown timer at the top of the forum Aptera Discussion😁👍

• George Hughes

October 15, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I’m assuming the time offered is Pacific Daylight Time as this moment but I frankly can’t tell whether they mean Monday or Tuesday at 10 am.

As I make this post, It is after midnight on ‘Saturday morning’ on the east coast but it is still Friday in San Diego suggesting the day increment might drop one in about 1.5 hours.

It would be helpful if someone would clarify.

Besides this confusion, I’m waiting with baited breath and wondering whether this one will be a two-motor or three-motor version.

• kerbe2705

October 15, 2021 at 10:24 pm

They announced it as Tuesday, October 19, on Facebook.

• George Hughes

October 15, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

• Paul Evans

October 18, 2021 at 6:01 am

It looks like a linear countdown timer to me. It’s the identical time-remaining in every time zone. On Monday at noon, EDT, the time remaining will be 1 day, zero hours, zero minutes, and zero seconds. So you west coasters should see it at 9 AM. Take that with a little caution because I am periodically subject to being date and/or time challenged.

• Oz Man

October 18, 2021 at 7:12 am

Paul, works out that way in Cali for me.

• David Marlow

October 16, 2021 at 12:13 am

Yes, thank you for the Luna timer.

I am wondering what is being developed in the Luna that has slowed down its production? It must be the first one with full solar, maybe the first 1k mile version, or other things not in the other Alphas.

Once we have Luna will we have a Beta timer?

• David Marlow

October 16, 2021 at 1:03 am

It would be nice to see one that can actually prove the 40+ mile per day charging and the 1k range per charge!

Possibly leave off the charge port to prove the never charge claim as well!

• Steven G. Bueche

October 16, 2021 at 3:38 am

@David Marlow – Leaving off the charge port would be pointless as it’s part of the build. Maybe another option would be to show the batteries in a low state of charge and then an elapse timer show it charging in the sun until topped off. We could then see the mileage gauge showing how many miles available.

A test drive later showing in fact the actual mileage until you reach the same low state of charge.

I’m just hoping it shows a few things; better fit and finish from the Leno video and maybe the changes made from one prototype to this stage. Since Luna is the one I have a reservation for my interest is two fold.

• David Marlow

October 16, 2021 at 8:41 am

Steven, Leaving off the charge port would be for PR reasons. It could be easily added later if necessary and this is only one prof of concept vehicle.

• Steven G. Bueche

October 19, 2021 at 5:08 am

Hi David, I guess it would be better to say that leaving the charging port on or off makes no difference when and if you’re showing the charging rate of the solar panels as long as they show it’s not being used. When the team are assembling the Luna I’m sure it’s placement has to take place when it needs to during production. There’s no need to have to go back after a solar demonstration to reattach it. Although I guess it would show some Right To Repair steps if one needed to down the road.

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 16, 2021 at 9:20 am

Thanks John for the heads up. I am not as observant as I would like to believe.

I think they said the Luna might have an upgraded audio system, but that will not be something they can demonstrate very well over U-tube videos.

• John Wiley

October 16, 2021 at 10:00 am

Aptera should bring in a recognized and respected audio reviewer. Maybe a reviewer from Audiophile magazine. This would be the next best thing to experiencing the sound upgrade yourself. Could be risky, though. Those folks have incredible ears and are very objective. A not so great sounding system to their ears might be a huge sound upgrade for an auto environment. Maybe a comparison to other known high end auto sound systems would be helpful.

• John Wiley

October 16, 2021 at 1:37 pm

I’m sorry. I meant to reference Stereophile Magazine, not Audiophile.

• G Johns

October 16, 2021 at 3:27 pm

It seemed forever to me, very glad it’s hours away from display.

• Pistonboy Delux

October 16, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Has anyone noticed? Wednesday is a full moon. They are showing the Luna vehicle the day before a full moon. Previously, Chris had associated the timing of the Luna with the full moon.

• Rob Spruijt

October 18, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Full moon is technically the next day at 7:56 am, so I’d say it’s close enough.

• Ron Miller

October 19, 2021 at 10:09 am

Just watched the Luna video. Very slick but I was frankly expecting more.

• Ray Holan

October 19, 2021 at 10:33 am

I agree, Ron. I had been looking forward to today’s reveal. For me it was anti-climatic. Nice feel-good fluff, but short on facts. I was expecting some kind of flashy intro (which the video did provide) to be followed by some tech talk by Chris and Steve with other Aptera team members chiming in with new specifics about batteries, suspension, or interior design.

Oh well, once one or two Beta models are assembled, I’m sure we’ll be treated to some juicy technical tidbits in a future video.

• Jonah Jorgenson

October 19, 2021 at 10:57 am

Ray, you agree with everybody about everything. Please make some substantive comments with your own assessments. It would be nice to know what you really think

• Ray Holan

October 19, 2021 at 11:57 am

Hi, there Jonah. Trust me. I’ll disagree when I disagree. Just ask my wife! Honestly haven’t seen many comments I disagreed with.

• Pistonboy Delux

October 19, 2021 at 5:34 pm

Ray, your comment was good.

• Ron Miller

October 19, 2021 at 10:44 am

Exactly Ray. I wanted all those key questions answered, like: Did you trailer Luna to the video site? How many miles did you put on the vehicle during filming? And most important of all – did Luna really have a battery installed or was this the rubber band model?

All kidding aside, I am hoping for a little more ‘meat’ in the future.

• Ray Holan

October 19, 2021 at 10:48 am

Yes Ron, this vegetarian in Ohio stands with you in wanting more meat in the next video. LOL.

• Lou Verner

October 19, 2021 at 11:35 am

Sigh…big yawn…can’t believe they did big countdown for this! More on little girl’s astronaut dream than on the Luna. Sad…wake me when Beta arrives…💤

• Jonah Jorgenson

October 19, 2021 at 10:53 am

Underwhelming at best. First time I have been disappointed in Aptera.

A month late, a weeks filming and nothing of substance

• Quincy

Administrator
      October 19, 2021 at 11:39 am

Hi John! We’re sorry you feel that way. Keep in mind the purpose of our Alpha launch videos are, in part, to reach a larger audience and expand beyond our early adopters who already know and love Aptera. As far as technical updates, there isn’t much to share because Luna is an Alpha vehicle. However, we’re well into the Beta phase of development and plan to share testing updates and vehicle progress in the future.

To read more on Luna, click through to a recent Q+A with our vehicle designer, Jason Hill, here: https://www.aptera.us/luna-qa-with-jason-hill/

Luna Q+A with Jason Hill

• John Wiley

October 19, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Hey, Quincy, can we get sooner rather than later on those technical updates and vehicle progress? I know everyone at Aptera is super busy, but it seems like quite awhile since we’ve heard any real news. How about another webinar with Nathan, Steve or Chris? If there is little technical stuff that you can pass along right now, how about a slide show of Luna pictures? And please, especially since this video was targeting a larger audience beyond the enthusiasts, could we get the “watch now” banner off of the top of the page so we can get back at “new posts”? Beautiful video – just not very interesting to the forum crowd.

• Quincy

Administrator
          October 19, 2021 at 5:14 pm

We are very working hard to get you those technical updates as quickly as possible! More video content, updates from the team, and webinars are in the works. Additional images and video footage of Luna will be released on a continual basis via social media, email, and the website. Don’t worry, there is plenty more to come!

• Jonah Jorgenson

October 19, 2021 at 8:13 pm

Hey, my name is Jonah not John. One of the forum members named John that posts here from this address is my grandfather. He is an engineer and an Aptera fan, I am not technical and still skeptical.

• Paul Rowe

October 19, 2021 at 11:55 am

Glad to finally see the Luna in action. Luna is what I have chosen for my Aptera. I would like to see more, including a layout of what makes the Noir, Sol and Luna unique, other than color.

• Pistonboy Delux

October 19, 2021 at 2:04 pm

I will not get excited about any future videos from Aptera. This video showed almost nothing. There was not a single good look at the vehicle. All shots were of the shadow side of the vehicle or from a distance. I was looking forward to seeing the Luna model and the Codex interior. I can not tell if the exterior is silver or blue. I know it is was suppose to be silver. The video with Kirsten Dirksen was not “slick”, but I enjoyed it more, because I saw and learned more. Who was this suppose to appeal to? Investors? People who hate cars?

Will the future videos be better? Probably not. All the videos made by professionals are slick but hollow. It has been said, the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. Extrapolating from that saying, the best indicator of future videos is past videos.

Don’t get your hopes up.

• Davis Edwards

October 19, 2021 at 2:23 pm

The best part of the video was the off-road cameo – though it appears no skirts/pants or offroad kit package installed.

• Justin Mayer

October 19, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree about the video being “slick and hallow”. I thought that about the earlier one by the beach also. That said, I’m not a marketing person. However I think it might be good to balance out the cutesy fun stuff with a video that emphasizes the groundbreaking, brilliant, inspiring, timely design that is Aptera……maybe even throw in a little science!

• John Wiley

October 20, 2021 at 6:17 am

Well said, Justin.

• Michael Rennick

October 20, 2021 at 6:44 am

For those asking for clearer pics I hope these help. I think the car looks great in Luna! I appreciate the video that was put together. It’s not the first artistic car video that’s been put out there. I think it did a good job capturing the values of Aptera.

For those who are critical or wanted more technical detail, I’d ask you to be patient. We are being allowed a view into the very early stages of the development of these cars. We are seeing how the sausage is made. Very few of us even knew the typical development cycle for a new vehicle or what the difference was between an Alpha or a Beta prototype before Aptera took us behind the curtain. How many established automakers allow this kind of early look and have open feedback channels during the development cycle?

All that said, we are one step closer to cars on the market and in our driveways.

Viewing 1 - 17 of 17 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now