Luna construction images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Luna construction images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Luna construction images

• Luna construction images

kerbe2705 updated 1 month, 1 week ago 9 Members · 13 Posts
  • kerbe2705

October 21, 2021 at 11:38 pm

The first image shows details of the door-opening mechanism and the third shows details of the Codex interior. Gotta say, I’m liking that gold – and the black door pull-strap.

• Steven G. Bueche

October 22, 2021 at 2:14 am

Thank you for the construction pictures. They allow us to see the meat and bones of this thing.

I thought the bodies came out black from the molding process. This appears to be wrapped in a color already. Are molded and then wrapped before assembly starts?

• Leonard Nowak

October 22, 2021 at 5:26 am

Perhaps the black you see in the interior is the composite black?

Yes “this one is wrapped in these pictures”

Only an Alpha vehicle so “ I suppose” final production steps are not defined yet

Maybe at this early stage and crazy supply times it may come down to what is available and who is available to get this unit done?

• Paul Schultz

October 22, 2021 at 6:21 am

Wrapping prior to adding on other hardware would be easier. Less obstacles. This seems to be the case as the door jambs and door striker plate appear to have a contiguous wrap. The door swing arms also appear wrapped. One of the driver’s side swing arms have zip ties which makes me wonder if those are placed to hold down the wrap while it fully adheres?

• Paul Evans

October 22, 2021 at 12:28 pm

It think it’s more likely to be either for the rear-view camera or mirror adjuster cables & (hopefully) defroster.

• Ron Miller

October 22, 2021 at 9:21 am

I was hoping to see a shiny silver – not a battleship gray. Hopefully more standard color options in the works.

• kerbe2705

October 23, 2021 at 9:46 pm

All of the wraps – black, white and silver – have matte finishes. I believe the Luna is a metallic silver, not a flat gray as it appears in the photos. Watch the videos of it on a large screen – I think you’ll see that it’s more silver than gray when you watch sunlight reflecting off the surface.

• G Johns

October 22, 2021 at 9:48 am

Some good pic’s, thanks. Color looks good to me I was hoping for and it looks like a darker silver.

• Michael Rennick

October 22, 2021 at 10:34 am

It legit kind of looks like the moon.

• Pistonboy Delux

October 22, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Thank you Kerby2705 !

These are far, far more interesting than anything else. I find the mechanical and electrical designs much more interesting than aesthetics.

• kerbe2705

October 23, 2021 at 9:51 pm

IKR? Although aesthetics are very important to me, in general, it’s the design philosophy of Aptera that appeals to me more than the design, itself. Form follows function: Style rather than fashion.

Plus I was wondering why those big doors seemed so easy to open and close! 🙂

• Pistonboy Delux

October 22, 2021 at 10:16 pm

The second picture shows a front exterior view of the “firewall”. It appears to be a gray color. I assume the inner shell is black (first picture) and the outer shell is gray. Thus a scratch on the wrap would expose the gray outer shell, making scratches less noticeable.

• kerbe2705

October 23, 2021 at 9:48 pm

In the alpha prototypes, the interior “floor”(from “firewall” to tail) is a one-piece insert. You’re not looking at the interior of the outer body.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now