Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Muscle cars your Aptera will beat 0-60

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Muscle cars your Aptera will beat 0-60

• Muscle cars your Aptera will beat 0-60

Ray Holan updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • Fanfare 100

October 14, 2021 at 9:08 pm
  • Henry Kitt

October 15, 2021 at 7:35 am

Aptera can be considered a supercar in that regard. In general its 0-60 is better than most supercars of the past, and faster than most present ones if it really is under 3 seconds.

The cheapest car that beats the Aptera is probably the Corvette C8, which will by going up in price they’ve said but is already 2x the price of an Aptera.

The butterfly doors also lend to the supercar feel. 0-60 is what matters, or is cool, in real everyday driving, not top speed.

• Joshua Rosen

October 15, 2021 at 8:36 am

It’s not a race car, it has a top speed of only 110 MPH so it won’t beat anything on a track. I have zero interest in a muscle car, what I’m hoping for is that it’s nimble and has good handling, a modern MGB not a modern Roadrunner. I want to take it over Vermont mountain roads at 40MPH, as far as 0-60 is concerned anything better than 7 seconds is fine. The Leno video was not encouraging but that was the Alpha, the beta will have a Roush suspension so I’m hoping for much better.

• Ray Holan

October 15, 2021 at 10:15 am

Hey there, fanfare. Got a kick out of the list. While the low 0-60 time of the Aptera is not the most compelling feature that sold me on buying one, it is one of the standard questions that will probably be asked by people even remotely curious about Aptera.

What’s it cost? How fast is it (both top speed and o-60)? How far on a charge? What happens when an SUV hits you? These are to be anticipated. There’s a certain wow factor about an EV that can beat the 0-60 time of much more expensive ICE cars. Let’s not forget the safety benefit of being able to get out of someone else’s way in a hurry. It’s not just about testosterone-infused bragging rights. Not that I have anything against anyone who’s into hotrods.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now